Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is GA-B85M-HD3 compatible?

It would be great to have the B85M added to the list of mATX, if it is enough tested and confirmed. (like it is by DrTom and Whevan)

I could not find the "useful" difference between GA-B85M-D3H and GA-Z87M-D3H, apart the OC and more SATA. (maybe I did not look enough.)
For the budget builders, that's about 30% more expensive for no benefit.

Any other builders with this B85M?

Edit: at first look, I even thought "oh, there is no i3 Haswell " :lol:

because I can not install UniBeast on my usb stick?
"installation failed"

Hello guys !! Will Intel HD graphics 4400 be supported? Since i am going with CORE I3-4130 and GIGABYTE GA-B85-HD3.... Or do i have to use my crappy gt 520 graphics card again? And what do i have to do in order to make it work in 10.8.5? I am currently running 10.8.4 on my old hackintosh...

can i use other ghz / company ram in my hackintosh ??

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

Sorry- that line was a little unclear. As of 10.8.5 all of these boards have native sleep/wake functionality without needing a bios patch or DSDT. Thanks for pointing it out- I've made the correction. :thumbup:

thank you , tonymac ,for clearing the doubt :thumbup:

have a doubt guys ??
can i use haswell helper to install 10.8.4 on it and (here is the doubt) can i upgrade to 10.8.5 ?

Can i use any ATX cases as the specified cases are not available here

Hey guys, I just built a customac mini deluxe and went through the install (following directions exactly) but am getting stuck after the restart... I tried following along in verbose mode but I can't figure out what is going on (beyond it having something to do with IOBluetoothHostController) and I am getting frustrated since I followed the guide perfectly and thought I was buying the "easy setup" configuration. (I even bought the parts through the links to newegg on this site) I'm a n00b and don't know where to go from here. I'm looking forward to being part of the community and learning as much as I can but I have no idea where to go from here... Please someone help me!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110487-getting-stuck-booting-up-after-install.html

***UPDATE: I booted through safe mode and got multibeast going and now things are good to go minus some hardware issues with computer noise through the sound output... I will post in the audio forum about it.:rolleyes: thanks tonymacx86!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back