Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,can I use GA-H87-D3H motherboard to combine one of these microprocessor Intel Core i5-4670K/ Intel Core i7-4770K to make it work?

can I use GA-H87-D3H mainboard to combine with any one of these microprocessor Intel Core i5-4670K / Intel Core i7-4770K to make it work?

And not, 4930K processor?

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide November 2013

moreover i wonder why the GA-Z87N-WIFI is still in the buyers guide. is there anyone who has NO problems with ALC892 on mac os x? i don't think so.

I can. I have had zero problems with the sound on my GA-H77N-WIFI (also ALC892), using the standard Multibeast-installed driver. (I'm also using a DSDT to enable USB2 on the USB3 ports, but I didn't have any problems using the non-DSDT drivers previously either).

EDIT: actually just had some distortion issues today so I retract that.

Are the Sandisk Extreme II's as recommended as the Extreme I's? Do they also use toggle NAND flash, Sandforce controllers and don't require TRIM being enabled? If so, they're cheaper than the Extreme I's.

Will the on-board Intel HD Graphics cards in the recommended motherboards list work for a Mavericks install? I just recently purchased the GA-Z87X-UD3H and was hoping to use the on-board graphics.

@tonymacx86
I hope in the following next buyers guide release there would be list for other motherboard brands like asus specially the MAXIMUS line. as I saw successful installation in others without the needs of patching and/or DSDT just like Gigabyte Motherboards that seems it looks like getting fully compatible with OSX installation. and to other brands too. at least there would be an option to choose from. :)

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide November 2013

Yes- although they have a few shortcomings vs. the Z87 mATX boards. If you're ok with limitations on overclocking, RAM speed, PCIe lane speed, they can be great alternatives and less costly.

hi,can I use GA-H87-D3H motherboard to combine one of these microprocessor Intel Core i5-4670K/ Intel Core i7-4770K to make it work?

Hi,
i wondering if anybody was aware of OS x 10.6 running on the new 4th gen quad-core i5 CPU and if it will operate properly? I am going to update to Maverick after I get it running. Also, I am in limbo between the July mATX build and the November mATX build, I would like some advice. Thank you all in advance, appleweekly5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back