Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide March 2014

Take a look at FORUM ➞ THE BUILD ➞ DEALS OF THE DAY for some ideas.

tiger direct has the sandisk extreme 2 for 89 so u should get it from there :crazy:

Could I use the Asus Rampage IV Gene instead of one of these boards with the 4930K? Also, if I grab a 780Ti would I need to somehow get the drivers on the OS without turning it on? Because my processor doesn't have onboard graphics. Please lemme know.

I see there is now support for 4gb gtx 770 cards, how come the msi version is not on the list? is there something specific about this card which makes it not work for a hackintosh? just curious since this is the card i currently own? Thanks in advance for any help :)

Only the Broadcom-Chipset will work now, not one from Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.: "DeLOCK 61772 Bluetooth 3.0 + EDR, USB 2.0" is working, "Trust Bluetooth 3.0 USB Adapter" is working, all others I've tried including the CSR-Chipset, do not..

So the best BT adapter now would be the Gmyle as of 10.9.2.

GMYLE BT adapter thread

Could I use the Asus Rampage IV Gene instead of one of these boards with the 4930K? Also, if I grab a 780Ti would I need to somehow get the drivers on the OS without turning it on? Because my processor doesn't have onboard graphics. Please lemme know.

Type that Asus motherboard's name into search and read about it.

I see there is now support for 4gb gtx 770 cards, how come the msi version is not on the list? is there something specific about this card which makes it not work for a hackintosh? just curious since this is the card i currently own? Thanks in advance for any help :)

If some piece of hardware isn't in the BG that doesn't mean it won't work.
What has been your experience with the MSI 770 ?

Some recommendations about 27" monitors?
I'm searching for a monitor with 2560x1440 resolution and IPS technology

I have had a really good experience with my Monoprice 27" IPS Zero G Slim. Although I bought it on sale for about $325, not full price at ~$425. The stand kind of sucks (I mounted it on an Ergotron LX arm) and the monitor is Dual Link DVI only.

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-IPS-ZERO-G-Slim-Monitor-2560x1440/dp/B00DIGC6GO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1395071752&sr=1-1&keywords=monoprice+27

EDIT:

The 27" Monoprice IPS Zero G Slim is actually on sale for $290 today:

http://monoprice.shop.rakuten.com/p...63185.html?c3ch=Linkshare&c3nid=Es5Ekr9eEBk&&

Hi there i see there is now support for the gtx 770 4gb but the msi model is not on the list, is there any reason this particular card won't work or will it? only curious as i have all comparable parts in the rest of my rig, thanks in advance for any help

lloyd

Hi there i see there is now support for the gtx 770 4gb but the msi model is not on the list, is there any reason this particular card won't work or will it? only curious as i have all comparable parts in the rest of my rig, thanks in advance for any help

lloyd
We only listed the brands we are most familiar with and use ourselves.

Does the CustoMac Mini have Bluetooth the way it is configured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back