Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide 2012

We haven't tested compatibility, hence why they're not included.

hay guys I'm new to hackintosh, i am about to build my 1st one from the list on customac.com link above {http://tonymacx86.blogspot.ie/search/label/CustoMac}, i will be using all the parts listed on the 1st custom build, and wanted to know if i can run snow leopard on the system??? as i am using this for audio and lion dosent support some software/hardware i use. any help would be super for me thanks, Paul

Hi again!!, I have done it!! my first Hackintosh... Thank all of you very much for the guides (CustoMac, MultiBeast, UniBeast, and GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Mountain Lion 10.8!!!) I will try to work out the little problems I still have with bluetooth and turn off/restart

Donation made to appreciate your effort... And now seems to be working the turn off option.... jajaja

Thanks to tonymacx86!! I found this site and ordered by first hackint0sh.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H ; i5-3570k ; 8 GB Kingston RAM ; be quit 530 Watt power supply and the Corsair R300.

After reading all the guides and a few installing issues, everything is fine now. I have only some minor issues.

Thanks!!!

Work!
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
i5-
And work with VGA on GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB
I was instal with onboard video, then connected GeForce 8600GT, restart with DVI, worked, restart with VGA

THANKS!!!

Work!
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
i5-
And work with VGA on GeForce 8600 GT 256 MB
I was instal with onboard video, then connected GeForce 8600GT, restart with DVI, worked, restart with VGA

THANKS!!!

Just one question, why would you want to use a six year old graphics card?

Just one question, why would you want to use a six year old graphics card?

Oh! I had not many time and cash for change my comp, and also i have projector with VGA.:rolleyes:

No, you can't.
I'm really surprised, I've asked someone who posted a User's build if I could use Snow Leopard on his build (Z77 DS3H + i3-2100) and he answered yes... o_O
Do you mean Snow Leopard will not run on a Z77 or is it because of the processor?
I'm getting more and more confused... :ugeek:

Do you suggest for all of us audio pro users needing 10.6 that it would be better to stick to an old build such as Z68+i3-2125 instead of the Z77+i3-3225 I was planning to build??? :banghead:
Thank you again for noob clarifications. :oops:

I'm really surprised, I've asked someone who posted a User's build if I could use Snow Leopard on his build (Z77 DS3H + i3-2100) and he answered yes... o_O
Do you mean Snow Leopard will not run on a Z77 or is it because of the processor?
I'm getting more and more confused... :ugeek:

Do you suggest for all of us audio pro users needing 10.6 that it would be better to stick to an old build such as Z68+i3-2125 instead of the Z77+i3-3225 I was planning to build??? :banghead:
Thank you again for noob clarifications. :oops:

10.6 is not and never was compatible with Ivy Bridge/Z77, there's no kernel support for the CPU and you wouldn't get features like power management. Even for 10.7 you'd need 10.7.4 for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back