Contribute
Register

Build Power Hackintosh today! (Update Video Cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
leluoch said:
eelhead said:
leluoch said:
jpa

how i can run 4 monitor ( 3DVI + 1HDMI ) with Ati 6870 (2mdp+2dvi+1hdmi)
plz help me
i need the best card
Ati 6870
more info about this card
Thanks Jpa

it pertains to a 5770 but might be useful for a 6870
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19852&p=141961&hilit=F4+monitors#p141961

thanks man
but how he get 4 monitor 4dvi( 2dvi + 2mdb>>2dvi ) and secand dvi not work on this card!!!!!
plz see post jpa
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15798&start=20
As I said, it pertains to a 5770 but maybe something in it fro 6780

Also that is a desktop pic of another user over at insanelymac that jpa posted. It is one of the ATI threads, I think 5XXX/6XXX one in graphics. I do not remember but I remeber seeing the user post that.

Maybe go to quote his post and see the photo link goes?

Hi folks,

I know I've posted this elsewhere, but I'm running wireless on 64 bit with
the ASUS USB-N10 wireless adapter (tiny unit around 3 cm long and not very obtrusive).

To quote from my previous post: "In the past, I'd used the recommended drivers from ASUS but no luck, particularly with Snow Leopard. HOWEVER, tonight, I gave it another go and did some surfing. It was this site:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1461271
that prompted me to try and download the REALTEK drivers for 10.6 (as I'm running 10.6.7 VERY smoothly ). I found a valid download site here:
http://www.opendrivers.com/categorycomp ... page4.html
(navigate your way carefully through all the ad @#$!)
The driver is
Realtek RTL8192SU Wireless Driver 1079 Mac OS X 10.6
(this is the latest build, 1079).
Well, popped it in my HackPro and voilé! I'm on the network! "

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Eco

PS. Great stuff JPA. Thanks. :thumbup:

Mr. Meoff said:
GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870 problematic....

Why??

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=23573

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=23592

Currently running 10.6.8 (64bit), Chimera 1.4.1 r877...

GraphicsEnabler=No, dual DVIs, ATI Radeon NI40 detected, Ableton Live 8.2.2 *CRASH* as well as Geekbench, DVD player...

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, single DVI, AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series detected, Ableton Live 8.2.2, works/loads perfectly.

tonymacx86 said:
The GraphicsEnabler=No looked like it was working perfectly- it's a framebuffer thing I believe- and the ATI Radeon HD NI40 is Apple's injection from their kexts- so it's not injecting info from Chimera as 6870. It's purely a cosmetic issue- as you can see you have full output functionality in the 2nd pic. So what's the issue? :think:

After reading Tony's comment, I thought, yeah who cares... cosmetic... but when I went to load my favorite audio software, Ableton Live 8.2.2, I could not get the application to install, why?? I decided to reboot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I could get Ableton to install and run, however, back to one DVI port...

This has been driving me crazy for the past 20 days! I am thinking of returning the card and getting either a Sapphire 6870 or down grading to a 5770. People seem to be having luck with the Sapphire.

I have not seen/read anyone successful with the GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870. Anyone?? Dual DVIs with AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series detected? Ableton running with AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series detected?

Mr. Meoff said:
This has been driving me crazy for the past 20 days! I am thinking of returning the card and getting either a Sapphire 6870 or down grading to a 5770. People seem to be having luck with the Sapphire.

I have not seen/read anyone successful with the GIGABYTE GV-R687OC-1GD Radeon HD 6870. Anyone?? Dual DVIs with AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series detected? Ableton running with AMD Radeon HD 6870 Series detected?

Did you ever get this working? I have the same Gigabyte 6870 card with the exact same problem.

It was in Tonymac's Custom build... Thought it was all going to be good!

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

i am buying this board to builda new hackintosh please could u tell me the is the i7 950 the highest cpu i can use in the build thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back