Contribute
Register

Build Power Hackintosh Sandy Bridge today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dejongj said:
theshiv said:
This is great, thanks!!

One question: Can you suggest a micro-ATX motherboard?

I want to build a SB hack with 5 SATA connections (4 hard drives, 1 DVD drive), and I'm having difficulty finding a compatible motherboard for SB. The Lynnfield board on the CustoMac page is perfect, just not, you know...compatible!

Thanks again!
Haven't got it as I don't believe in small and wanted a P board for a powerhouse but how about the Asus P8H67-M, got 6 SATA.

I thought that the off-white (6g/s) ports were off-limits for Hackintosh builds? Is that not true?

theshiv said:
dejongj said:
theshiv said:
This is great, thanks!!

One question: Can you suggest a micro-ATX motherboard?

I want to build a SB hack with 5 SATA connections (4 hard drives, 1 DVD drive), and I'm having difficulty finding a compatible motherboard for SB. The Lynnfield board on the CustoMac page is perfect, just not, you know...compatible!

Thanks again!
Haven't got it as I don't believe in small and wanted a P board for a powerhouse but how about the Asus P8H67-M, got 6 SATA.

I thought that the off-white (6g/s) ports were off-limits for Hackintosh builds? Is that not true?
If that was the case I wouldn't be running my Vertex 3 at 515MB/s would I :D :thumbup:

dejongj said:
theshiv said:
If that was the case I wouldn't be running my Vertex 3 at 515MB/s would I :D :thumbup:

Okay, clearly I'm a noob at this, so the 6gb/s ports can be used just the same as the 3gb/s ports?

I ask because I've seen several times where it's been instructed to only use the 3gb/s ports, and I just want to make sure that there aren't any caveats with the 6gb/s ports. Like, you can only use them with certain components, you can only use them on Sundays, don't use them past midnight, etc., etc.

Many thanks!

Well it might be different for other motherboards, but both my intel and Marvell 6gb ports work fine.

jpa said:
huntdilan said:
revlimiter said:
I'm not sure, I used the Lifehacker guide for mine - mind you I'm not running Sandy Bridge either.

I see! Thank you again!

9800gtx Works yes!
- change LG dvd burner for DVD in list

Thanks for the info!

Okay, I'll change it to Sony Optiarc! Was I going to have some sort of trouble with the LG or what?

Thanks for the info!

Okay, I'll change it to Sony Optiarc! Was I going to have some sort of trouble with the LG or what?

Not sleep correct :(

Sony works

What does that mean the lg does not sleep correct? Mine sleeps perfectly, doesn't wake up fair enough but I hadn't attributed that to the blu ray drive.

Triple Channel Mem kits for a Dual Channel Board???

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After reading this thread (and several others while waiting for HOURS for an After Effects comp to render), I feel inspired to try my hand at this...

This will be my first build, so can you guys point out what I am not seeing? Will these components work together? I'd like to have as close to a vanilla osx as possible.

• Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium Grey ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case[/*:m:v822yqc1]
  • Thortech Thunderbolt 1000W TTBK00G Power Supply
    (or should I go with the CORSAIR Enthusiast TX850 V2 850W)
    [/*:m:v822yqc1]
  • ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) ATX Intel Motherboard
  • Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
  • CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 01G-P3-1366-TR Video Card
    (or the SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6870? NVidia has CUDA for Adobe stuff, which I would like)
  • CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
  • OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX120G 3.5" MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B
  • Rosewill RCR-IC001 40-in-1 USB 2.0 3.5" Internal Card Reader w/ USB port / Extra silver face plate
  • Targus ACB10US1 Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter[/*:m:v822yqc1]

newegg total: $1,528.88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back