Contribute
Register

Build advice for Sierra and Creative Suite 6 specifically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Edhawk thanks for reply, they were both in the plist you uploaded.
Just read up on how to change boot arg so will hopefully get safe mode to work.
Update. Safe mode just black screens as well.

Attachments

• nvda_drv_vrl=1.jpg
    nvda_drv_vrl=1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 25
  • nvda_drv.jpg
    nvda_drv.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The first boot argument entry is expected and required for your system to boot with the Nvidia Web Drivers.

You are not booting in Legacy mode, so you don't need the second entry. Which having looked through the OpenCore Configuration.pdf should actually be nvda_drv=1. But this Legacy method for enabling the web drivers was removed in macOS Sierra 10.12, so it doesn't work which ever way it it entered.

Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 18.27.37.png page 64 fromOC configuration.pdf.

I would definitely remove/delete the nova_drv entry from your config.plist.

@Edhawk @Jasonhacks

Thanks for all the help.

Bit of an update, my IP is still blocked, but I finally got a rx580 at a decent price. Popped it in and it booted fine with full screen and the first drivers I'd installed. All seems to be working correctly with my second screen attached too and my CS6 apps are working.

Couldn't have done it without you

What do you mean your IP is still blocked? Where is it blocked?

What do you mean your IP is still blocked? Where is it blocked?
I can't get on the site/forum through my home internet. I used the contact form and was told my IP was blocked because I had port scanned the site? I had to google what that meant. I have only been replying to posts via my phone with wifi turned off and using mobile data. I have given a log of the attack from site admin to my ISP to investigate.

If you have already been in contact with the Site Admin's, then there is not a lot I can do to help you regarding your IP being blocked.

If you have already been in contact with the Site Admin's, then there is not a lot I can do to help you regarding your IP being blocked.
I was just answering your question. Not sure site admin is particularly bothered, my post asking advice on getting un blocked has been removed.
Maybe my ISP will come back with something helpful.

Your ISP may contain a block of IP addresses that have been used to spam or attack this site. If that is the case then the Web site software may be blocking your IP and any similar IP's as part of a defensive script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back