Contribute
Register

Build Advice for a Videographer - 4K Video Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building a new PC with exactly the same hardware configuration as described above here. The only problem is the VGA: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB Gaming OC Edition is very hard to find in Europe now :( Most online stores don't have it on stock. Could somebody please suggest an alternative card that will work out of the box with Mac OSX and powerful enough to handle 4K video editing? Will any 980ti based card do the trick? It seems that Asus and MSI 980ti VGA are easier to find, but will I face any compatibility issue with them?
Thanks!

My sound is working consistently. It I do have the crackling issue that I have not worked to resolve yet. I am using an HDMI to my BenQ monitor for sound. Have you tried this?

I have a Bose speakers connected to the Line Out panel

View attachment 241207 View attachment 241207 Hey @trs96, do you have any idea why my computer is doing this with my external hard drive hooked up to an USB 3.0 port? It looks like it is disconnecting and reconnecting anytime the computer sleeps. Is there a fix for this? Does this hurt my drive?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 10.07.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 10.07.49 AM.png
    658.5 KB · Views: 98
Are you ejecting it manually first before sleeping the computer ?

Try ejecting it before sleep and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back