Contribute
Register

Buggy DSDT Asus Q501LA, help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached are several ioreg files. Base System is what I am normally running, gux_defer_usb2 is with that Boot flag used, and USB Patches is with the DSDT patches. Turns out the Multiplex USB patch generates 288 or so eerors so I coud not include that patch.

Thanks for helping,
Frank

Hi Frank! Did you manage to get sleep to work as it should? I'm on 10.9.2 now but my system instantly wakes up when I send it to sleep :S

Never got it working 100%. Sleeps ok on battery power, but immediately awakes on AC power.

Frank

I don't really have any experience editing DSDTs. I am game to work on this, but not sure how to get it working.

I played around a bit with using the native DSDT dump awhile ago but didn't get to far.

Frank

On that q501LA laptop, how did you finally get it to boot? I tried in clover and it does not work. Maybe you can put up a step by step guide. Thanks.

Finally got it to work. Running osx 10.9.2

Have you been able to get sleep working properly?

Frank

On that q501LA laptop, how did you finally get it to boot? I tried in clover and it does not work. Maybe you can put up a step by step guide. Thanks.

I purchased this laptop a few months ago, partly because of a post on slickdeals about it running mac very well. I've been too busy to play around with it, I've hackintoshed a few computers before and I could probably figure it out in a few days, I just don't have the time to devote to piecing together the process from the few posts on this forum about this model. Wondering if someone here would be willing to post a step by step guide (even if it's just a general outline, like which bootloader / installer method, etc.) to help me out. It would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back