Contribute
Register

Budget 27" IPS Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered this on ebay:

ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite 2560x1440 Quad HD 16:9Wide

Was considering springing for a Dell or the Apple monitor, delivered to my door in the UK 5 days after ordering and strangely enough no duty so £205. Thought that it was worth a punt and very pleased.

As some have said it only has dual DVI, which is fine for me but not all, haven't spotted any stuck pixels and all in all so impressed I am ordering another.

Thought enough of it in fact to drop in my first post on it!

GrinRoth said:
I have bought a Crossover 27Q a week ago and am loving it!
Cinema display-like experience for less then a third of the price :thumbup:
Can't see any difference between this picture quality of this screen and the ones i've been drooling over in the apple store...

A quick (and bad) picture:
IMG_0516.jpg

Bought it on ebay straight from Korea so it's a little risky on the warranty side of things but I just hope it works for a few years, that's the risk you gotta take if you want it to be cheap...
But so far so good.. very happy with my purchase. :clap:

Have you seen any dead pixels? It seems the "pixel perfect" 27Q monitors are nearly $500, which.

No haven't spotted any dead or stuck pixels.
Screen is just perfect to me.

FYI, I didn't order a pixel-perfect model, but a 'regular' one which was checked by the seller before sending.

Still loving the monitor!

I just bought a AURIA EQ276W 27" LED Monitor from Microcenter for ~$400, with NJ tax it was about ~$414 USD.

Its a really beautiful display and IMO the out of the box settings are great. It has OSD whereas most such monitors in this class don't. No dead or stuck pixels and no light bleed that I can see. 1 yr warrenty IIRC and I really like being able to just return it to Microcenter if I were displeased in any way. It has a glossy screen although I didn't really notice it. It also has DVI dual link, HDMI (HDCP support), DisplayPort and audio (min jack) inputs.

The stand is a little wobbly but not unserviceable. Switching between resolutions may be slow though so you might not see some POST info and prompts but this may not be on all inputs. I haven't played any games though so I can't say how that would go, not sure I have video card that can push 2560x1440 in games.

I would highly recommend the AURIA EQ276W 27" LED Monitor to anyone looking. As I understand it Microcenter will ship these so it doesn't matter if you have a Microcenter near you or not. It beats having to ship it back to Korea or trying to deal with an eBay seller IMO. You may think its a bit more at ~$400 but it's not since most other Korean monitors of this class only have a single input and you would pay the same for a multi-input version.

I also bought the Auria 27" EQ276W. I went down to IL to stop in Fry's, and Micro Center, and ended up coming back with it for $399.99 plus tax from MC.

A word of WARNING, these are NOT VESA compliant! So what works for one person, may not work for you, even with similar hardware! I have an EVGA GTX670 2GB SC. When I first connected the monitor with DVI I got nothing. Then I noticed that it came with a DL-DVI cable and I tried that, it didn't work either. So then I tried a HDMI cable, and still nothing. At this point I figured I had a bad unit. Just on a whim I tried it over HDMI with my U-Verse cable box, and BOOM it works with audio (a feature I didn't know it had) and everything! Now I'm really confused. So I connect my old monitor with the Auria, my old monitor works during the bios and bootloader, and becomes a secondary display when OSX loads, while the Auria does nothing. I disconnect the Auria and my old monitor instantly becomes the main screen. I login, set OSX to mirror displays, reconnect the Auria, and for the first time I get it to display video from my PC. Fast forward a whole lot more troubleshooting (which includes trying another PC with a GTX560 getting the same results), and I come to the conclusion that when connected to a PC the Auria will only work at native resolution over DL-DVI, unless connected via VGA, or Display Port. This is contrary to reports I read from people with GTX670 cards!

In Summary

HDMI did not work at all connected to either computer at any resolution. Worked fine with my cable box at any resolution
. Hence the lack of VESA compliance.

DL-DVI Only works at native resolution. Hence the lack of VESA compliance.

VGA Works (via DVI to VGA adapter) at any resolution (including the native 2560*1440)

DP
Works at any resolution (including the native 2560*1440, I have not tried it with an adapter)

The monitor seems to be a good buy for the money so far! No dead, or stuck pixels, the out the box settings are pretty bad, but with tweaking you can get a very good picture.

Wow, that's pretty awesome. I've heard there were some really cheap Korean monitors out there, but I didnt look into them and didnt realize they were that good a deal. I may spring for a Achieva Shimian QH270-Lite at some point in the future. The Crossover looks VERY nice, but looking through the thread on overclock.net, it seems early ones had a habit of dying after a bit of use... newer ones look fine but I'd give it a few months to see if problems start being reported just in case. If you're getting a crossover, make sure it has the green PCB board instead of the blue/teal one.

Hopefully this will make more mainstream monitor manufactures realize us power users are sick of this 1080p ceiling that seems to be in place on anything affordable. Somehow, though, I doubt it.

Cany anyone here check to see if their monitor shows up as a TV in the System information? I am trying to find out why my display no longer goes to sleep in OS X. I'm curious if this has something to do with it.

EQ276W DP: Resolution: 2560 x 1440 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXX
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Connection Type: DisplayPort
Television: Yes

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.