Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm sure many of you would love to have an Apple Display but at a much affordable price, right? :crazy:

Here is a link to some budget Korean 27" IPS monitors with some in-depth information.

http://www.swiftworld.net/2012/04/1...omparison-of-the-different-brands-and-models/

Keep in mind they normally don't use any other connection except for dual-link DVI, however the more expensive ones do have some additional input types and there are some risks of dead pixels etc.

These are basically comparable to the Apple Cinema Display quality IPS monitors at a much lower price point.

Let us know if you already own one.

:thumbup:

I want a Shimian someday... but before this I'll need a motherboard with Displayport. In mITX form.... HD4000 should be capable. ;)

I've done some reading up on these. The Catleap version is $309 now on eBay. But according to overclock.net/f these monitors have high defect rates, and they are very hard to return/exchange, due to being shipped from Asia. Great monitors if you get a good one, huge headache if it dies or has a lot of dead pixels. I still can't decide if I want one or not.

I've been doing a lot of research on this and I'm planning on buying two of these Korean IPS monitors.
There are companies that will inspect for dead or stuck pixels. A few companies now are actually opening the boxes before shipping and stress testing the monitors whilst checking for dead or stuck pixels.

First Monitor: Chosen only because of the price tag. Yamakasi Catleap Q270 *Perfect Pixel* Model. These monitors have a weak stock stand but I have a spare desk mount that it could fit in. comes in around £240.

Second Monitor: The seller offered a "NO dead or stuck pixels whatsoever" policy. Crossover 27Q LED-P. I heard these stands are awesome with a pivotal feature, being able to turn the monitor for vertical viewing. £300.

go on to a certain auction site and type in perfect pixel, sellers name is accessorieswhole

I'm thinking about purchasing one of the catleaps. they apparently have a newer version that's $300 with what seems to be a different stand and tempered glass. Then again there is the white version and the perfect pixel edition... decisions decisions...

I have a ShiMian. About 3 weeks old now. Love the thing. There is a giant thread on HardForum dealing with these monitors. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links?

/FirstPost

I have bought a Crossover 27Q a week ago and am loving it!
Cinema display-like experience for less then a third of the price :thumbup:
Can't see any difference between this picture quality of this screen and the ones i've been drooling over in the apple store...

A quick (and bad) picture:
IMG_0516.jpg

Bought it on ebay straight from Korea so it's a little risky on the warranty side of things but I just hope it works for a few years, that's the risk you gotta take if you want it to be cheap...
But so far so good.. very happy with my purchase. :clap:

Shame on the great Hungarian taxes and customs... +29,5% to the price. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back