Contribute
Register

Broadcom dropped from Sonoma Beta

@Edhawk ok here's what i've tried so far and the results.

I've tried:

A04300
A34300
BA4300

With airportbrcmfixup enabled I will get a failed boot on all except A04300 (wifi shows with a "!"). Without the kext I get nothing. Is this user error?

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 10.51.10 AM.png

You need to use A3430000, A0430000 or BA430000 as the device-id in your config.plist. As the device-id > Data entry should be 8-characters long for it to be recognised correctly.

Try them again with the longer format and ensure the entry is set as Data type, not String. See if that improves how they behave.

@Edhawk update. Also, I knew better than to leave off the last 00. For shame.

• When using A3430000 without the kext wifi still shows up but wont find networks, eventually disabling itself.
  • When using A0430000 or BA430000 without the kext wifi shows up with "!" and will not work.
  • When using any of three with the kext the device-id seems to be overridden.

My next move is to try pulling in an older native kext and to unload the current and re-load the new one.

I feel like this tells me A3430000 is the correct device-id.

Last edited:
@Edhawk , fresh out of ideas. I wish I could force load this Monterey AirPortBrcmNIC.kext but im fresh out permissions nor can I unload the current version.

Looks like I just wait a bit.

Last edited:
@Edhawk could I grab of screenshot of your IOReg PXSX properties for you fenvi?

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 12.35.31 PM 2.png

I am in the process of moving office and only have access to my Kaby Lake Z270/17-7700K system, which uses a native Apple Broadcom WiFi/BT card on a PCIe adapter. The Fenvi T919 is in another system that has been boxed up for transportation.

This is the IOReg ARPT/PXSX screenshot for the BCM4360CS2 (0x14E443BA) card I am currently using.

Screenshot 2023-09-04 at 20.13.07.png

Very exciting @Edhawk!, will there be a new desk too?.

Yes, but probably not to your liking! As I am going to have everything organised and all the cables clipped up under the desk etc. I have bought a number of cable ties, clips and a cable management tray.

As I don't want my dog using the Network and keyboard/mouse cables as a chew toy, again!

Back