Graphics
Intel HD-3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, all. I followed RehabMan's instructions for installing Mavericks on a working ML install and everything seems to be working well except for my brightness levels. Using f2 and f3 shows the brightness level meter, but the actual levels don't change when increasing/decreasing the brightness. The brightness seems to be fixed a a low level (<25%).

I opened KextWizard and found these installed:

com.darwin.driver.ACPIBacklight.kext (2.0.2)

com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert (1.0.4)

com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight (170.3.5)

I'm afraid of uninstalling any of these without knowing for sure.

I've searched the forums, but it doesn't turn up anything similar.

Has anyone encountered this problem or know what's going on that may be causing this?

I'm using a 4530s with an i3 and integrated graphics. I used the latest probook installer and am running the latest Chameleon bootloader, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Hi, all. I followed RehabMan's instructions for installing Mavericks on a working ML install and everything seems to be working well except for my brightness levels. Using f2 and f3 shows the brightness level meter, but the actual levels don't change when increasing/decreasing the brightness. The brightness seems to be fixed a a low level (<25%).

I opened KextWizard and found these installed:

com.darwin.driver.ACPIBacklight.kext (2.0.2)

com.apple.driver.AppleBacklightExpert (1.0.4)

com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight (170.3.5)

I'm afraid of uninstalling any of these without knowing for sure.

I've searched the forums, but it doesn't turn up anything similar.

Has anyone encountered this problem or know what's going on that may be causing this?

I'm using a 4530s with an i3 and integrated graphics. I used the latest probook installer and am running the latest Chameleon bootloader, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

The latest ProBook Installer requires that you re-patch your DSDT to have working brightness. Did you do that?

No, I overlooked that part. I will do that now. Thanks, RehabMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back