HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
BridgeHelper has been updated to 2.1 include the 10.7.3 Kernel from 10.6.7 MBP Update BridgeHelper is a quick installer for the official 10.7.3 kernel and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement that adds support for Sandy Bridge CPUs. Enjoy!

Download BridgeHelper: downloads

bh3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tony, Thanks for this I presume it means that one can enable the c states after its installed - I did that and there were no dramatic changes!

Hi!

Could someone provide more information about this new AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext? Does it enable SpeedStep without any DSDT editing or what?

kielosz said:
Hi!

Could someone provide more information about this new AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext? Does it enable SpeedStep without any DSDT editing or what?

It's the default kext included in the 10.6.7 MacBook Pro Update that goes with the 10.7.3 kernel to enable native CPU Power Management for Sandy Bridge CPUs.

You will need HPET DSDT edits for Gigabyte SB boards to recognize, or disable the kext with NullCPUPowerManagement kext.

Hope this helps! :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Hi,

Should I install this on top of what I have?
Also is there a way to buckup my system so if something goes wrong I dont have to install all over again?

thanks

Jm

If you're using NullCPUPowerManagement this will not make any difference, the extra updated AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement from 10.6.7 Update will be fine, you aren't attempting to implement native CPU power management.

If you're using a Gigabyte Sandy Bridge mobo with DSDT HPET edits, it will initiate native CPU power management.

Will this kernel work with MSI motherboards?

I have only FakeSMC, HDA, and sleep kext in E/E with an autopatched DSDT. Will this be useful to me?

Anyone have a fix for KPs after install?
:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back