Contribute
Register

BridgeHelper Updated to 2.1 - 10.7.3 Kernel + PowerMgmt

Status
Not open for further replies.
* CAUTION ADVISED *
I installed on my P8P67 PRO and got KPs due to the AppleIntelCPU kexts that could not be overcome with safe booting, etc. Tried all sorts of BIOS settings, including defaults. Eventually had to pull the drive and put it in a drive dock to restore the two kexts back to 10.6.7 default. Everything seems fine now.

JoshNYC said:
* CAUTION ADVISED *
I installed on my P8P67 PRO and got KPs due to the AppleIntelCPU kexts that could not be overcome with safe booting, etc. Tried all sorts of BIOS settings, including defaults. Eventually had to pull the drive and put it in a drive dock to restore the two kexts back to 10.6.7 default. Everything seems fine now.

If you're having trouble booting, use iBoot Legacy as a rescue- it's got NullCPUPowerManagement, so you'll be able to get back in to your system. Then just install NullCPU through MultiBeast, and you'll be back in business.

tonymacx86 said:
JoshNYC said:
* CAUTION ADVISED *

If you're having trouble booting, use iBoot Legacy as a rescue- it's got NullCPUPowerManagement, so you'll be able to get back in to your system. Then just install NullCPU through MultiBeast, and you'll be back in business.

Somehow this didn't work for me... ah 8GB installed... :banghead:

Any idea as to why this isn't working with Asus boards? Or is it H67 boards only?

JoshNYC said:
Any idea as to why this isn't working with Asus boards? Or is it H67 boards only?

Works great on my H67MA-UD2H B3.

Sleep works finally.

DSDT, Fake SMC, Sata,Apple PWR :)

Re: BridgeHelper 2.1 - 10.7.3 Kernel + PowerMgmt (SOLVED)

Based on H67N-USB3-B3-F5 and Core i3-2100, I already did this manually with a DSDT install (using BH 2.0 and manually adding the AppleIntelCPUPowermgt.kxt) and can report that the system works great with P/C states info showing in IOReg and Autosleep working flawlessly.

However, my CPU still seems to work at full speed all the time, probably related to the following 2 errors:

"CPU: Attempting to enable IDA: Failed!" --> bdmesg
"kxld[com.apple.kpi.unsupported]: This symbol set has the following unresolved symbols: _lapic start" --> Kernel log

The Grep CPU command (sysctl -a | grep cpu) reports CPUspeed min/max both as 3GHz (using busratio 30)

Can anyone (Tony?) give some hint that may lead to the root cause of this? I am wondering if the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagementClient.kext may not be needed as well?

See all relevant files attached for anyone who feels challenged ;-) Solving this means a 100% vanilla and perfectly working SB system!!

PS I also raised this in Valv's thread just before I became aware of the BH 2.1 update here. See: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... &p=1674595

[EDIT:] Installed BH 2.1 and tested with various busratios, sysdefs, all to no avail... Just to confirm, GenerateP+CStates=Yes boot flags are not required are they?? I am beginning to think my i3-2100 CPU may not be properly supported in Anval 5.1.4

[EDIT2:] Turns out Speedstepping has been working fine all along since installing BridgeHelper 2.1. I got it confirmed using MSRTools in 32-bit. Clearly, the "sysctl cpu" command is not reliable when it shows CPU min/max speed as identical. Also, I was assuming speedstepping wasn't working with SMC Monitor not showing the frequencies and bdmesg showing "CPU: Flex-Ratio = 30 >> 30". I found out that the log entry "attempting to enable IDA: failed" refers to turboboost which my CPU doesn't have and that the "unresolved symbol in kxld[com.apple.kpi.unsupported]" probably comes from the IntelCPUMonitor plugin for FakeSMC, so nothing major.

I can therefore happily confirm a 100% vanilla working H67N-USB3-F5 / i3-2100 system with full native powermanagement and (auto-)sleep. See my sig for full details.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    538.6 KB · Views: 100
ssummerf said:
JoshNYC said:

Works great on my H67MA-UD2H B3.

Sleep works finally.

DSDT, Fake SMC, Sata,Apple PWR :)

how do u make ur sleep works?

Is not working at all, with a MSI P67A Mobo,

only legacy and voodoo kernel 10.0.7 for the moment,

verry dissapointed that only Gigibayte and asus are supported at DTST.aml why nog msi there are good number of people runnig these mobo's

gumpie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back