Contribute
Register

BridgeHelper 2.0 with 10.7.3 Kernel from 10.6.7 MBP Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success!

Didn't have much luck using the mbp update but installing through system update then applying the 10.6.7 bridge worked for me :D

hambo said:
Success!

Didn't have much luck using the mbp update but installing through system update then applying the 10.6.7 bridge worked for me :D

Woot!! I'm about to reboot now! Wish me luck...grrrrrrrr

also i had to use a busratio of 32 or lower to boot...

anyone who didn't i would love to know what you did differently!

hambo said:

Unfortunately this is a limitation right now- may need to use until desktop Core i5/i7 Sandy Bridge iMacs.

Im using the Intel DH67CF MiniITX board and can only get boot using iboot legacy, otherwise, it just reboots...sigh

tonymacx86 said:
hambo said:

Unfortunately this is a limitation right now- may need to use until desktop Core i5/i7 Sandy Bridge iMacs.

Hi tony :wave:

Yeah i thought as much.. ah well mustn't complain, clocking the turbo's is giving me a very nice speed boost!

hambo said:

You need iboot to boot into the os?

toyanucci said:
hambo said:

You need iboot to boot into the os?

I didnt use iboot.. i have chameleon installed with anval however it sounds like your busratio might be too high if you just get a reboot loop after installing 10.6.7 bridge helper.

Try going into your bios and changing it to x32 multiplier.

toyanucci said:
I've set my multiplier as low as 27...but then again, i have noticed that no matter what I set in the BIOS, when I boot with the legacy kernel, it detects it at 3.3ghz...

sorry mate not sure what else to suggest, sounds like you have the same problem that i had but if the bus ratio in bios does not fix im not sure what it could be.

Maybe one of the pro's have a few ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back