Contribute
Register

BrcmPatchRAM - Upload firmware into Broadcom Bluetooth USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your posts here are off-topic.
As I mentioned earlier, no support for your BT hardware in BrcmPatchRAM.

Further questions should be in a separate thread in the appropriate forum (this forum [mostly] is desktop only).
Thank you. Ive posted in the same category. Is a desktop under my main profile

Hello,

as posted a while ago, my only trouble with bluetooth is that all of a sudden, my Teufel Motiv B audio box will no longer reconnect after sleep like it did before. At the time of my first post, I was not able to create the problem file set, but now I am.

In the meantime I did some more research. I fear that it is not related to Brcmpatchram2 but OSX, nevertheless, I would like to show my problem files, as I noticed Brcmpatchram2 seems to start twice after each boot/wake and creates some silly messages. I noticed also that the version show firmware is not loaded after reboot, but only after a wake up.

The situation will not change by using different bluetooth dongles.

At the time of my first post, i used CLOVER way, not I have it in /S/L/E.

Thanks for having an eye on it,
Karlson.

Attachments

• debug_23658.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
Hello,

as posted a while ago, my only trouble with bluetooth is that all of a sudden, my Teufel Motiv B audio box will no longer reconnect after sleep like it did before. At the time of my first post, I was not able to create the problem file set, but now I am.

In the meantime I did some more research. I fear that it is not related to Brcmpatchram2 but OSX, nevertheless, I would like to show my problem files, as I noticed Brcmpatchram2 seems to start twice after each boot/wake and creates some silly messages. I noticed also that the version show firmware is not loaded after reboot, but only after a wake up.

The situation will not change by using different bluetooth dongles.

At the time of my first post, i used CLOVER way, not I have it in /S/L/E.

Thanks for having an eye on it,
Karlson.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, PR files are missing ioreg. Please read the FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I have ASUS USB BT. I am having problems with BT peripherals including Magic mouse and keyboard. Do you think
BrcmPatchRAM will make a difference.
I tried to do it anyway but I stuck on this step because I have no clue how to do it o_O :banghead:. ( copying the firmware hex,dumping the hex etc) {Being a complete novice is really not nice, hate it :mad:}
  • Copy the firmware hex file matching your device from the Windows package.
  • The firmware file can now optionally be compressed using the included zlib.pl script:
    Code (Text):

zlib.pl deflate BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1457.hex > BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1457.zhx
  • After this a hex dump can be created for pasting into a plist editor:
    Code (Text):

xxd -ps BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1457.zhx | pbcopy

pbcopy places content directly onto the clipboard for pasting

Before I dig up and trying to learn (asking too much help from you guys), I wanted to find out how it might help. You may argue that it will be good learning them anyway, yeah maybe you are right,so please feel free to show me where to start :thumbup:

I have ASUS USB BT. I am having problems with BT peripherals including Magic mouse and keyboard. Do you think
I tried to do it anyway but I stuck on this step because I have no clue how to do it o_O :banghead:. ( copying the firmware hex,dumping the hex etc) {Being a complete novice is really not nice, hate it :mad:}
  • Copy the firmware hex file matching your device from the Windows package.
  • The firmware file can now optionally be compressed using the included zlib.pl script:
    Code (Text):

zlib.pl deflate BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1457.hex > BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1457.zhx
  • After this a hex dump can be created for pasting into a plist editor:
    Code (Text):

xxd -ps BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1457.zhx | pbcopy

pbcopy places content directly onto the clipboard for pasting

Before I dig up and trying to learn (asking too much help from you guys), I wanted to find out how it might help. You may argue that it will be good learning them anyway, yeah maybe you are right,so please feel free to show me where to start :thumbup:

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

First off: Thank you the-darkvoid and RehabMan for you hard work! I would never have my Hackintosh up and running if it wasn't for all of your guides and posts and help.

GBU521W6 / BCM20702A0
Product: 21e8
Vendor: 0a6c
Supposedly working out of the box...

I have been struggling with the IOGear GBU521W6 for at couple of days now and have tried a multitude of things. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Here is my current status:

USB device is recognised in system profiler:
Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 14.36.41.png

Which leads me to think it is not a USB issue - But is that correct?

In /S/L/E:
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
(Both at version 2.2.10)

During boot I get "could not open device!":
Code:
Accelerator successfully registered with controller.
BrcmPatchRAM: Loaded firmware "BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1502.1764_v5860.zhx" from resources.
BrcmPatchRAM: Decompressed firmware (30360 bytes --> 71148 bytes).
BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware is valid IntelHex firmware.
BrcmPatchRAM2: uploadFirmware could not open the device!
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e8]: Found existing IOKit personality "com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport".
BrcmPatchRAM2: Processing time 0.756 seconds.
BrcmPatchRAM2: Version 2.2.10 starting on OS X Darwin 16.7.
BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:21e8]: Found existing IOKit personality "com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport".
BrcmPatchRAM2: Processing time 0.2 seconds.
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
kPEDisableScreen 1

The firmware seems to be compatible:
In Windows I have verified that the dongle works with the older driver
BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1459_v5555.zhx...
However using BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in version 2.1.0 which loads this earlier firmware...
I also get the same:
"BrcmPatchRAM2: uploadFirmware could not open the device!"

Attached are diagnostics generated with gen_debug.

Attachments

• debug_5634.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 161
First off: Thank you the-darkvoid and RehabMan for you hard work! I would never have my Hackintosh up and running if it wasn't for all of your guides and posts and help.

GBU521W6 / BCM20702A0
Product: 21e8
Vendor: 0a6c
Supposedly working out of the box...

I have been struggling with the IOGear GBU521W6 for at couple of days now and have tried a multitude of things. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Here is my current status:

USB device is recognised in system profiler:
View attachment 347295
Which leads me to think it is not a USB issue - But is that correct?

In /S/L/E:
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
(Both at version 2.2.10)

During boot I get "could not open device!":
Code:
Accelerator successfully registered with controller.
BrcmPatchRAM: Loaded firmware "BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1502.1764_v5860.zhx" from resources.
BrcmPatchRAM: Decompressed firmware (30360 bytes --> 71148 bytes).
BrcmPatchRAM: Firmware is valid IntelHex firmware.
BrcmPatchRAM2: Processing time 0.756 seconds.
BrcmPatchRAM2: Version 2.2.10 starting on OS X Darwin 16.7.
BrcmPatchRAM2: Processing time 0.2 seconds.
IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0
kPEDisableScreen 1

The firmware seems to be compatible:
In Windows I have verified that the dongle works with the older driver
BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1443.1459_v5555.zhx...
However using BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in version 2.1.0 which loads this earlier firmware...
I also get the same:
"BrcmPatchRAM2: uploadFirmware could not open the device!"

Attached are diagnostics generated with gen_debug.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts (including FakeSMC.kext) you need must be installed to the system volume.
config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be set to "Detect".
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Note: As per FAQ, kexts go to /L/E on 10.11 and later (not /S/L/E).

Did you manage to have it working? I'm on a HP8300 and HS, BT400 detected; 1st time I connect the magic keyboard and apple trackpad they are recognized and work, after reboot they are not active and I can't make them connect again. Did you fix it or found other hardware?

Does this fix still work for Mojave? I have a TP Link T6E AC1300 for wifi and Asus BT400 USB for Bluetooth. Can anyone confirm?

Did you manage to have it working? I'm on a HP8300 and HS, BT400 detected; 1st time I connect the magic keyboard and apple trackpad they are recognized and work, after reboot they are not active and I can't make them connect again. Did you fix it or found other hardware?
No I am afraid I still have the problem,although yours sounds much more malign. My magic KB & mouse are temperamental. Either I will get a windows combo ( I have a USB wireless keyboard which works absolutely fine) or a new BT hardware, but my money is tight at the moment, I will keep managing for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back