Contribute
Register

BRCM4360 and Sierra 10.12.6 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try that, anywhere specific in the DSDT or insert at the end of the file?

The code shown is a standalone SSDT (look carefully at the DefinitonBlock!)

The code shown is a standalone SSDT (look carefully at the DefinitonBlock!)

I realized this after a few hours getting in the way of myself overcomplicating it.

I made the ssdt.aml file with maciasl, but the card does not turn on still, would you like me to dump the same set of files again with the ssdt in place?

I realized this after a few hours getting in the way of myself overcomplicating it.

I made the ssdt.aml file with maciasl, but the card does not turn on still, would you like me to dump the same set of files again with the ssdt in place?

Need "Problem Reporting" files.

New files attached, SSDT is being loaded properly, wifi 'Turn On' is still a no go.

Slightly off topic, I enabled all the debug options and got to watch the kext patching process happen, didn't learn anything new from it except how clover searches, did learn from the logs I did not need to check Enable C/P States and seems Drop OEM and the other boxes are handled by my DSDT, I did leave C6 checked which I will most likely uncheck if I find is being dropped by clover, would test sleep, but every time I have tested it I go into a power on/off cycle when it tries to wake... Possibly related to the issue you are helping sort out.

I can hardly make sense of the files or documentation, glad you know what is what.

Again many many thanks for your help.

Also found this interesting for light reading... seems you are correct as usual :)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/hq-a/AHOG5b_Rtyk

Attachments

• Fallen00Sniper-Round3.zip
    775.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
New files attached, SSDT is being loaded properly, wifi 'Turn On' is still a no go.

Slightly off topic, I enabled all the debug options and got to watch the kext patching process happen, didn't learn anything new from it except how clover searches, did learn from the logs I did not need to check Enable C/P States and seems Drop OEM and the other boxes are handled by my DSDT, I did leave C6 checked which I will most likely uncheck if I find is being dropped by clover, would test sleep, but every time I have tested it I go into a power on/off cycle when it tries to wake... Possibly related to the issue you are helping sort out.

I can hardly make sense of the files or documentation, glad you know what is what.

Again many many thanks for your help.

Also found this interesting for light reading... seems you are correct as usual :)
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/hq-a/AHOG5b_Rtyk

Many of the options you have in your config.plist are probably not needed or are having no effect.
You might want to go back to a basic plist like the one provided by Multibeast.

Many of the options you have in your config.plist are probably not needed or are having no effect.
You might want to go back to a basic plist like the one provided by Multibeast.

I'll try that out and see what happens, I would imagine the easiest way to find out what I actually need is taking the config down to minimum configuration as I would diagnosing a pc for hardware failure.

What testing options do you recommend to be able to tell what is or is not working properly beyond kernel panic and the os rebooting itself?

This would seem to be the lowest I can set my config to, used the generate config option in CCV, I will download multibeast again and see if there is any difference with the config it provides.

Everything seems to be working the same except for wifi...
All kext patches removed and it still shows up in system information as the same card (your fake_pciid kext must be working) and removed the bluetooth kext patch, connected to my phone via bluetooth to share the internet @ less than 1mbps. :/

Hoping these new files will further shed light into my mistakes and we can get this resolved to a golden build status, if not at least silver.

Attachments

• Fallen00Sniper-Round4.zip
    751.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Interesting difference between Sierra and Yosemite, Yosemite needs the 5Ghz and Handoff patch where Sierra does not seem to need at least the Handoff patch, tested booting from clover 4097 (previously mistaken for 4099) on Tester HD to Macintosh HD Yosemite install which also seems to not need any of the extra SSDT settings in clover for speedstep to work.

I think my config is at it's lowest point, but I have yet to disable fixes like AddDTGP_0001, FixIPIC_0040, FixHPET_0010, AppleRTC, KernelPM.

Asus AICPUPM when disabled (last time tried) can't boot, but will try disabling these one at a time if you think any of these could be wrong.

Interesting difference between Sierra and Yosemite, Yosemite needs the 5Ghz and Handoff patch where Sierra does not seem to need at least the Handoff patch, tested booting from clover 4097 (previously mistaken for 4099) on Tester HD to Macintosh HD Yosemite install which also seems to not need any of the extra SSDT settings in clover for speedstep to work.

Handoff patch is for bluetooth... nothing to do with WiFi.
Sierra needs 'fcvo' patch.

Asus AICPUPM when disabled (last time tried) can't boot, but will try disabling these one at a time if you think any of these could be wrong.

Your CPU MSR 0xE2 is probably locked (CFG lock), so you will need AsusAICPUPM=true.

Handoff patch is for bluetooth... nothing to do with WiFi.
Sierra needs 'fcvo' patch.

Your CPU MSR 0xE2 is probably locked (CFG lock), so you will need AsusAICPUPM=true.

I have tried the FVCO patch in the past and tried it again today, doesn't seem to change anything for me, nothing seems to be working to get this card working with Sierra and to be honest I am getting quite frustrated with it.

When I look at the IoReg under Yosemite it shows IOControllerEnabled True, Sierra is False... while these look similar to me I was wondering is there a way to force this value to True, the card is clearly powered on, Sierra recognizes it the same as Yosemite, is there anyway to force Sierra to recognize that the card indeed is on.

Really regretting buying the card, a warning label should be in the buyers guide "Only works up to Yosemite (5Ghz patch and kexts required), Good luck after 10.10.5" :/

Probably should have just bought the Fenvi FV-T919 it was 3 dollars cheaper, might just give up and order one.

Last edited:
I have tried the FVCO patch in the past and tried it again today, doesn't seem to change anything for me, nothing seems to be working to get this card working with Sierra and to be honest I am getting quite frustrated with it.

When I look at the IoReg under Yosemite it shows IOControllerEnabled True, Sierra is False... while these look similar to me I was wondering is there a way to force this value to True, the card is clearly powered on, Sierra recognizes it the same as Yosemite, is there anyway to force Sierra to recognize that the card indeed is on.

Really regretting buying the card, a warning label should be in the buyers guide "Only works up to Yosemite (5Ghz patch and kexts required), Good luck after 10.10.5" :/

Probably should have just bought the Fenvi FV-T919 it was 3 dollars cheaper, might just give up and order one.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back