Contribute
Register

BootScreen: fixing Widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lion version (inner shadow, subtle but well!)

bootq.png

Hey All,

I am super noob at this stuff. I just built the CustoMac Mini, but I think I just found out how to achieve the same results by editing only plist files, not photoshoping any graphics.

Check it out in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=32248

Good luck! BL5K.

Bimbo69 said:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x64</string>

you have to use 64 not 32....

Neither of these worked for me.. :(

HoochShepherd said:
Bimbo69 said:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>

You don't get that resolution? or you get stretched image?

Mak 1 said:
HoochShepherd said:
Bimbo69 said:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>

You don't get that resolution? or you get stretched image?

To clarify, even though it's been stated here before, if your graphics card doesn't have the resolution during boot, it cannot utilize the higher dimensions you use when your desktop loads.

For instance I use 1920x1080 but my boot screen is only 1200x800 (or something like that) and doesn't fit my screen. It is not stretched, but doesn't fill the screen. My GTX 480 doesn't support it, therefor i'm stuck. seems to be a common problem.

Sasquatch00 said:
To clarify, even though it's been stated here before, if your graphics card doesn't have the resolution during boot, it cannot utilize the higher dimensions you use when your desktop loads.

For instance I use 1920x1080 but my boot screen is only 1200x800 (or something like that) and doesn't fit my screen. It is not stretched, but doesn't fill the screen. My GTX 480 doesn't support it, therefor i'm stuck. seems to be a common problem.

Boot resolutions, either in windows or chameleon bootloader, they are all related to VESA standarts of your GPU and Supported Resolutions of your Monitor. I have maximum 1600x1200x32 (VESA GPU) but i have fullHD monitor(16:9 1920x1080), so when i assign a resolution higher than 1600x1200; eg 1920x1080x32 to my theme, it will stretch and downscale the images to fit in 1600x1200. When i assign a resolution smaller than 1600x1200 it will upscale and stretch the images.

It doesn't fill your screen and it is not stretched because your monitor is programmed to switch 4:3 in boot time. I saw that on some Laptops and Monitors. I have and option to switch to 4:3 and boot images looks right. But it stays like that and don't revert it back to 16:9 on the desktop. I get a 4:3 centered view with black space on the left and right.

That also deppends on what type of output are you using, for example in my hp 2511x from vga I got full 1920*1080*64 or maybe is streched but from hdmi&dvi I got black bars at top/bottom/left/right same for bios screens :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back