Contribute
Register

BootScreen: fixing Widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

the that comes with Chimera 1.6 does not reflect my resolution proportion (1920*1080) and thus I wanted to know how to fix this e.g. which file to update. Which file to mess with?

damndoe said:
Hello,

the that comes with Chimera 1.6 does not reflect my resolution proportion (1920*1080) and thus I wanted to know how to fix this e.g. which file to update. Which file to mess with?

in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist just replace whatever you have by 1920x1080x64

Bimbo69 said:
damndoe said:
Hello,

in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist just replace whatever you have by 1920x1080x64

it should be like this. Change you resolution settings in the boot list according to this one.
I have this resolution but always gives me stretched image.
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x64</string>

you have to use 64 not 32....

Yeah works

Bimbo69 said:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x64</string>

you have to use 64 not 32....

You know what 32 is stands for in this case right?
It's the bit depth for Graphics Resolution. It is optional, you can delete it. Boot loader will always choose the most compatible one. Mostly 32.
While you are on the boot screen scroll down wit arrow keys on your mac partition and enter video info and you'll see the supported resolutions and bit depths for boot loader resolutions.

doesnt work
if I type ?video on the bootleader screen it mostly shows 4:3 (eg ratio 1.33333) no 19:10 e.g. 1920 / 1080 = 1,77777778 ratio. I can set it to 1400x1050 which gives overall a better boot screen. now I want to replace the boot screen picture and use one that is horizontally shrinked thus when it gets streched it fits. how do I replace the boot picture in chimera?

damndoe said:
doesnt work
if I type ?video on the bootleader screen it mostly shows 4:3 (eg ratio 1.33333) no 19:10 e.g. 1920 / 1080 = 1,77777778 ratio. I can set it to 1400x1050 which gives overall a better boot screen. now I want to replace the boot screen picture and use one that is horizontally shrinked thus when it gets streched it fits. how do I replace the boot picture in chimera?

While you highlighted the boot partition scroll down with arrow keys. theres a video info option as well. when you open Video info screen you can scroll down with arrow keys as well. But the resolution is depends on your video rom. These are the boot resolutions.They are default resolutions that works one very monitor (plug and play compatibility). it differs from your desktop resolution. even in windows boot screen the images are stretched.
Here is a guide to create your own theme, you can resize images according to your settings to get better perspective. And the Boot themes are located in /Extra/Themes folder.
http://forum.voodooprojects.org/ind...ml?PHPSESSID=1iqrh5vff4vpvs8381d373h2u6s86heh

Hi,

well but those define the chameleon/chimera boot screen theme right?
I am fine with how that is, what I want to change is the legacy boot screen image, the grey apple screen is stretched as is the spinning wheel.

can I do that using "Creating Themes Guide" you linked? Don't think so...

damndoe said:
Hi,

well but those define the chameleon/chimera boot screen theme right?
I am fine with how that is, what I want to change is the legacy boot screen image, the grey apple screen is stretched as is the spinning wheel.

can I do that using "Creating Themes Guide" you linked? Don't think so...

Spinning wheel wil not change. But you can change the logo
Go to Themes folder again.
-Open your current theme and find boot.png
-resize it horizontally.
-than open org.chameleon.boot.plist and add this.
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
-Save and quit and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back