Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Bootloop after Directly updating from 10.13.6 to Catalina 10.15.7 via AppStore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580 + HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello helpfull people, its been a while since my last post, I apologise if I am making a mistake on my problem reporting, but facing a bootloop after directly updating from 10.13.6 to Catalina 10.15.7 via appstore, if anyone can help would appreciate. Problem Reporting data attached created using (black.dragon74) script.

Attachments

• debug_6282.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 47
Hello helpfull people, its been a while since my last post, I apologise if I am making a mistake on my problem reporting, but facing a bootloop after directly updating from 10.13.6 to Catalina 10.15.7 via appstore, if anyone can help would appreciate. Problem Reporting data attached created using (black.dragon74) script.
Hi there,

What's your EFI setup? And what boot loader are you using? ie. Clover or Opencore?

Hi there,

What's your EFI setup? And what boot loader are you using? ie. Clover or Opencore?
@Middleman,
I was using clover v. 5142 but when updating to 5146 and removing 3rd party kexts from L/E i was able to get rid of the bootloop, thank you very mach and I am just going through for further tuning if any..

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 43
Alright, I'd had a look and well have a go with this build for Z270.
It is on Opencore 0.6.5. It should help if you plan to use Big Sur.

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.6.5 Z270.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 43
Alright, I'd had a look and well have a go with this build for Z270.
It is on Opencore 0.6.5. It should help if you plan to use Big Sur.
@Middleman,

ooohhh absolutely.. Thank you Thank you.. i was getting dizzy :crazy: already just looking at the OC instruction before thinking to migrate counting the easy and tough parts..

Lazy Q: Any thing I should do apart from drooping it in to the EFI partition.. wait.. (i haven't even download the attachment yet)..

@Middleman,

ooohhh absolutely.. Thank you Thank you.. i was getting dizzy :crazy: already just looking at the OC instruction before thinking to migrate counting the easy and tough parts..

Lazy Q: Any thing I should do apart from drooping it in to the EFI partition.. wait.. (i haven't even download the attachment yet)..
Don't forget to add your UUIDs, rom and serials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back