Contribute
Register

Booting Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, You are right, I have to read more... That was the page I found myself, I downloaded RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2018-0822.zip, unzipped it and put USBInjectall.kext into clover/kext/Other folder, but I have the same, I didn't reach the installation webpage.

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks for your time and your help.

edit: I attach here some pictures of the verbose output:
  • Your uploaded verbose boot has no tell-tale evidence for the boot failure, but based on the progress it has made, assumption is a Graphics related problem is preventing the Bootloader to reach installation screen.
  • Your BIOS options as listed are perfect for Intel HD 630 Graphics. I assume your Monitor is on a digital connection (HDMI)
  • Please upload your CLOVER from the USB installer disk as a zipped file to look for any clue.
  • If you need steps: see the bulleted list on #4

• Your uploaded verbose boot has no tell-tale evidence for the boot failure, but based on the progress it has made, assumption is a Graphics related problem is preventing the Bootloader to reach installation screen.
  • Your BIOS options as listed are perfect for Intel HD 630 Graphics. I assume your Monitor is on a digital connection (HDMI)
  • Please upload your CLOVER from the USB installer disk as a zipped file to look for any clue.
  • If you need steps: see the bulleted list on #4
Hi, in my last attempts to boot I was using the dedicated graphics card Gigabyte GForce GTX 1050TI OC 4GB DDR5, now I've changed to internal Intel HD 630 Graphics. I did the bootable USB again with unibeast and have the same output at verbose screen.

I'm connected through hdmi port.
Here attach a .zip file with the Clover folder from the USB installer disk.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 82
Hi, in my last attempts to boot I was using the dedicated graphics card Gigabyte GForce GTX 1050TI OC 4GB DDR5, now I've changed to internal Intel HD 630 Graphics. I did the bootable USB again with unibeast and have the same output at verbose screen.

I'm connected through hdmi port.
Here attach a .zip file with the Clover folder from the USB installer disk.

Thanks in advance.
I have reviewed your CLOVER and found a lot of entries which could cause installation problems. I have uploaded screen shots of your CLOVER contents as annotated where I found problems or potential problems and uploaded along with images from my system for comparison. Hope those will help you to make changes and try.

Attachments

• 1.ACPI_Serg.png
    1.ACPI_Serg.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 1.kexts:Other_Sergio.png
    1.kexts:Other_Sergio.png
    23 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.kexts:Other-GA-z270X-cmn699.png
    2.kexts:Other-GA-z270X-cmn699.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 3.Devices_Serg .png
    3.Devices_Serg .png
    194 KB · Views: 104
  • 3.driver64UEFI_Sergio.png
    3.driver64UEFI_Sergio.png
    44.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 4.drivers64UEFI-GA-Z270X-cmn699.png
    4.drivers64UEFI-GA-Z270X-cmn699.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 4.Gui_serg.png
    4.Gui_serg.png
    189.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 5.Graphics_Serg.png
    5.Graphics_Serg.png
    179.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 6.Kernel and Kext Patches_Serg.png
    6.Kernel and Kext Patches_Serg.png
    173.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 7.Rt Variables_Serg.png
    7.Rt Variables_Serg.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 8.SMBIOS_Serg.png
    8.SMBIOS_Serg.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 9.System Parameters_Serg.png
    9.System Parameters_Serg.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Boot_serg.png
    Boot_serg.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 112
  • ACPI_cmn699.png
    ACPI_cmn699.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 86
  • Boot_cmn699.png
    Boot_cmn699.png
    262 KB · Views: 133
  • Devices _cmn699.png
    Devices _cmn699.png
    247.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Graphics_cmn699.png
    Graphics_cmn699.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Gui_cmn699.png
    Gui_cmn699.png
    242.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Kernel and Kext Paches _cmn699.png
    Kernel and Kext Paches _cmn699.png
    222.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Rt Variables_cmn699.png
    Rt Variables_cmn699.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 94
  • SMBIOS-cmn699.png
    SMBIOS-cmn699.png
    241 KB · Views: 156
  • System Parameters_cmn699.png
    System Parameters_cmn699.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 81
Hi again, thanks for all your screenshots, I think I did nearly all the things you indicate in the screenshots: I downloaded the kext you put except XHCI200 because my mobo is 300 series and I couldn't find XHCI200 / XHCI300.kext.

Here attach again the clover folder with the updates. I do not know what more can I do... Thanks again.

Attachments

• CLOVER_2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 73
Hi again, thanks for all your screenshots, I think I did nearly all the things you indicate in the screenshots: I downloaded the kext you put except XHCI200 because my mobo is 300 series and I couldn't find XHCI200 / XHCI300.kext.

Here attach again the clover folder with the updates. I do not know what more can I do... Thanks again.
All along I was reading your hardware from your profile (Personal Details) . When I checked your original post., I did not see any CPU listed . Is there an Intel processor associated Graphics on this board?

Please add the current hardware to Build Signature so that no one will make the mistake I made. Please add the CPU, the brain of the System to your hardware SPECS.

As you can see, several of my Builds are listed under the message entry box of my posts and responses. All who answer questions do that.

Let me review your CLOVER and I will edit this post later with comments if any.

I checked the CLOVER and it appears OK. I would have deleted the unnecessary numbered folders from kexts/ and kept only Other with all needed kexts. if you have a Kabylake processor with Intel HD 630 and your Gigabyte GForce GTX 1050TI OC 4GB PCIE card is yet to be installed and BIOS are set for IGFX as shown in images 1 and 2 , it should boot OK .

Attachments

• 1.Perioherals Initial Display Output_IGFX.png
    1.Perioherals Initial Display Output_IGFX.png
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 2.DVMT-Pre-Allocated Memory .png
    2.DVMT-Pre-Allocated Memory .png
    304.2 KB · Views: 79
Ok, I've updated the profile information and removed the old one, I will put later on my signature.
The CPU I am using is Intel I7 8700.

I have the GForce 1050 plugged to the motherboard, but in the BIOS settings I've selected the following:

Peripherals -> Initial Display Output: IGFX
Chipset -> Internal Graphics: Enabled
Chipset -> DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M
Chipset -> DVMT Total Gfx Mem: 256M

I attach 2 pictures to show them. Also I've deleted the useless folders in Clover - Kext, just left "Other" folder.
I've tried connecting the bootable USB to a USB 2.0 and also to a 3.0 port with same result.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• Peripherals.jpeg
    Peripherals.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Chipset.jpeg
    Chipset.jpeg
    165.7 KB · Views: 64
Ok, I've updated the profile information and removed the old one, I will put later on my signature.
The CPU I am using is Intel I7 8700.

I have the GForce 1050 plugged to the motherboard, but in the BIOS settings I've selected the following:

Peripherals -> Initial Display Output: IGFX
Chipset -> Internal Graphics: Enabled
Chipset -> DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M
Chipset -> DVMT Total Gfx Mem: 256M

I attach 2 pictures to show them. Also I've deleted the useless folders in Clover - Kext, just left "Other" folder.
I've tried connecting the bootable USB to a USB 2.0 and also to a 3.0 port with same result.

Thanks again for your help.
  • Your uploaded screen shots show your BIOS setup are proper for Intel HD video
  • Because of your unusually prolonged and problem prone installation attempts, I hope you have Physically removed your Nvidia PCIE Add-on card from its PCIE socket and also your system has only one hard disk connected to the SATA port and that is for the macOS High Sierra installation
  • Since you don't have XHCI-300 Series -injector.kext in your CLOVER/kexts/Other, I suggest you install that too :
  • In the webpage that opens,
    • Click Clone or Download down arrow> Download Zip> open OS-X-USB-Inject-All-master and copy XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and paste it to your CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • Since you might have done so many forced shut downs due to hanging boot screens, it is possible, your CMOS could have corruption.
    • I suggest you do a Clear CMOS to Reset it and then Load Optimized Default BIOS and edit the BIOS settings (make sure Year|Month|Date|and Time are Reset to the current for your Time zone) afresh to boot USB installer using Intel HD 630 Graphics to Digital Port before trying a Reinstall.

Since you don't have XHCI-300 Series -injector.kext in your CLOVER/kexts/Other, I suggest you install that too
For Z370 motherboards, you should NOT use XHCI-300-series-injector.kext. You should be using XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.

For Z370 motherboards, you should NOT use XHCI-300-series-injector.kext. You should be using XHCI-200-series-injector.kext.

BreBo,
Sorry if it was not right.
That suggestion was based on documentation from https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

This is a quote from RehabMan
If you have a 300-series chipset XHC controller, 8086:a36d, you may need to install XHCI-300-series-injector.kext from the project. The drivers will load without it, but maybe not the correct ones. This injector kext invokes the same drivers used by 100-series 8086:a12f.

Sorry if it was not right.
The XHCI-300-series-injector.kext was created for H370, B360 and H310 motherboards as they have a different chipset then the Z370 motherboards.

Another quote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back