Contribute
Register

Booting Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Thanks to everyone for your help, my fault was buying a mobo with Intel Optane. Now it makes sense the OP at the end of: Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI-OP.

I've contacted to the seller and I'm going to return it with no problems. Now I need advice of what motherboard can I buy: I have this three options (they are in stock in the webpage where I bought the other one):

Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
Gigabyte Z370 HD3

If somebody recommends me another one I can ask for it.

Thanks again to everyone.

The lesson I learned from this post:
Be thorough and persistent to ask for full details of hardware SPECS.
Don't assume if answers are not comprehensive and full.
With that information, do one's own research about problems and peculiarities of each of the component and never assume that the OP has done all the research if they don't volunteer details you need.
Ask for screen shots and file uploads. If nothing is uploaded, inform why you believe they are needed providing examples if any.
For a compliant help seeker provide as much detailed help with illustration as possible to fix their problem as fast as they can.
Stop offering help if requested support files are not forthcoming.

Check them for Ethernet and audio options. Are those workable?

Some of the newest high end boards have incompatible Ethernet or Audio that hasn’t been fixed (kexts) yet or is buggy.

After research in the forum, probably i will go for Gigabyte Z370 HD3P Motherboard, there are much people who had success, and no problems with sound or ethernet, it could be the safer option.

The lesson I learned from this post:
Be thorough and persistent to ask for full details of hardware SPECS.
Don't assume if answers are not comprehensive and full.
With that information, do one's own research about problems and peculiarities of each of the component and never assume that the OP has done all the research if they don't volunteer details you need.
Ask for screen shots and file uploads. If nothing is uploaded, inform why you believe they are needed providing examples if any.
For a compliant help seeker provide as much detailed help with illustration as possible to fix their problem as fast as they can.
Stop offering help if requested support files are not forthcoming.

You have helped me a lot, now I understand a bit more than before (hope all the knowledge I've learned from you help me to build my next hackintosh without asking). People like you make this forum better. Thanks for all your post and your time.

Hi again, yesterday I received my new MoBo Gigabyte Z370 HD3P, I used the same bios configuration as I posted here in my 1st post (I can't select the option "Other OS") but I am able to reach the installer and install Mojave in my 2nd or 3rd attempt. Audio and Ethernet are working perfectly but I have a little and annoying problem: The screen is mostly in pink or purple color. During installation it became purple, but I followed and installed Mojave.

I attach 2 pictures to show it. When Intel Web Drivers will be available, my goal is to install the Gigabyte GForce GTX 1050TI I bought a month ago, but until that I will keep with integrated graphics.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 83
Hi again, yesterday I received my new MoBo Gigabyte Z370 HD3P, I used the same bios configuration as I posted here in my 1st post (I can't select the option "Other OS") but I am able to reach the installer and install Mojave in my 2nd or 3rd attempt. Audio and Ethernet are working perfectly but I have a little and annoying problem: The screen is mostly in pink or purple color. During installation it became purple, but I followed and installed Mojave.

I attach 2 pictures to show it. When Intel Web Drivers will be available, my goal is to install the Gigabyte GForce GTX 1050TI I bought a month ago, but until that I will keep with integrated graphics.

Thanks.
  • First of all Congrats for your hard work to get to the bottom of the problem, solving it, and updating your post to make it complete and helpful to those who may search and reach this post.:clap:
  • I have not experienced this type of strange 'bleeding colors' of desktop screen using Intel HD graphics including HD 630.
  • I have seen and fixed this type of color problem with my AMD Radeon 5450 despite having its full VideoRAM and properly installed with FakeID and FB Name. See here:#4

Hi again, yesterday I tried as many different configurations as I could do: kext, config.plist... with no success, always got the pink / purple screen. Today I installed SwitchResX (trial version), changed from billions of colors to millions of colors and same response. But I tried to change from 1080p60 NTSC to 1080p50 PAL, and IT WORKS! now I can see the screen as normal.

After that, rebooted the system and it goes purple again, it looks like I had to launch a daemon. I did it, restarted and everything OK. I did some reboots more and all Ok.

Now I think I have uninstalled everything inside of SwitchResX (daemon, tools...) and it continues working good, now I don't have the SwitchResX icon on the top bar, but it still on the Settings...

I hope after 10 days (trial period) it still working. If not I know my problem was 1080p60 NTSC.

Thanks again cmn699 for telling me about this program. It save my last month! Now I will wait until nvidia drivers are available.

Thanks to everybody again.

Hi again, yesterday I tried as many different configurations as I could do: kext, config.plist... with no success, always got the pink / purple screen. Today I installed SwitchResX (trial version), changed from billions of colors to millions of colors and same response. But I tried to change from 1080p60 NTSC to 1080p50 PAL, and IT WORKS! now I can see the screen as normal.

After that, rebooted the system and it goes purple again, it looks like I had to launch a daemon. I did it, restarted and everything OK. I did some reboots more and all Ok.

Now I think I have uninstalled everything inside of SwitchResX (daemon, tools...) and it continues working good, now I don't have the SwitchResX icon on the top bar, but it still on the Settings...

I hope after 10 days (trial period) it still working. If not I know my problem was 1080p60 NTSC.

Thanks again cmn699 for telling me about this program. It save my last month! Now I will wait until nvidia drivers are available.

Thanks to everybody again.
I have a paid version of SwitchResX because I needed it for my Radeon 5450 on Several of my Systems running High Sierra. Since my issue was related to Color only (found by my own trials with the freeware I wrote it up to the Forum and helped troubleshoot someone else.) I would not even think of PAL or SECAM video encoding here! Thank you for that tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back