Contribute
Register

Boot1 : Error . Can't boot anymore. Yosemite to El Capitan update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks guys.

As i'd mentioned earlier, the USB was made with UEFI support and i was trying to boot with legacy settings in BIOS mode. Finally i realised my mistake, changed BIOS settings and was able to install El Capt on the build. Yayee !!

But then strangely, i was only able to boot my system when the USB was plugged in, plus i had other issues too like sound not working and few other things glitches.

So i went ahead and made another rescue USB in legacy mode.
Completely removed all the kext files from chimera and did the installation again.
And voila, thankfully, i am able to run the rig without the USB plugged in.

Thanks a ton to all involved in this community and to Tekzy.

Most of the things that i was able to encounter, ran fine.
The system status, app store, Xcode and all other applications were all fine.
I still have to get my HWSensors back into action.
There are some issues though, like the keyboard doesn't control the volume anymore, which is very basic, but very annoying, now that i can't do it. :p

I'll stay on the look out for updates, i guess many more issues will get sorted out then.

Hey thanks guys.

As i'd mentioned earlier, the USB was made with UEFI support and i was trying to boot with legacy settings in BIOS mode. Finally i realised my mistake, changed BIOS settings and was able to install El Capt on the build. Yayee !!

But then strangely, i was only able to boot my system when the USB was plugged in, plus i had other issues too like sound not working and few other things glitches.

So i went ahead and made another rescue USB in legacy mode.
Completely removed all the kext files from chimera and did the installation again.
And voila, thankfully, i am able to run the rig without the USB plugged in.

Thanks a ton to all involved in this community and to Tekzy.

Most of the things that i was able to encounter, ran fine.
The system status, app store, Xcode and all other applications were all fine.
I still have to get my HWSensors back into action.
There are some issues though, like the keyboard doesn't control the volume anymore, which is very basic, but very annoying, now that i can't do it. :p

I'll stay on the look out for updates, i guess many more issues will get sorted out then.

You're indeed welcome! :D
I am now very frustrated as I can't even install El Captain..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back