Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> boot0 error with toshiba a100 and snow leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i need to install mac os x on toshiba satellite a100.
usually i install snow leopard through maclander's guide in this page -> link and it works fine but now i did a disk upgrade with 500gb and boot0 error occurs.
I followed various guide from this site but actually nothing that i tried works for me.
I installed snow leopard from retail disk with iboot legacy (only legacy work for me) and it works correctly. The problems occurs when i installed the update and multibeast.
After installation of multibeast (easy best) and before rebooting, if i use terminal to see "/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h" file, i find it and other files (ex. boot0 ). However after rebooting, when i do the steps (into the guide) for fix the problem through terminal (dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 instruction) only "Firmware.scap" and "boot.efi" files are inside the folder and the response is "no such files or directory". I tried to copy the files through usb drive but the response is "read only file systems" and i can not copy or modify nothings.
After installing multibeast and the update, i can not to load os not even with iboot.

How can i do?
thank you
Marco

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello, i solved!
I want to share with you the solution for my laptop:

i follow the installation guide in this page -> https://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html with iboot legacy version.

After installing multibeast and before rebooting, i copy the boot1h file in a usb drive through terminal with follow steps:

1 - Open terminal
2 - Type "sudo su" for super user login
3 - Type password
4 - Type "cd /usr/standalone/i386" for moving to path with boot files
5 - type "ls" to see the boot1h file
6 - Type "cp boot1h /volumes/"MyUsbDriveLabel" for copy the boot1h file into usb drive

Now i reboot with iboot legacy cd rom. after iboot load, insert Mac os X installa DVD and press enter.
After the installation wizard loading, unmount the partition with disk utility and open the terminal.
Into the terminal watch the installation disk with typing "diskutility list". For me is disk0s2.
Lastly, follow steps:

1 - Type "cd/volumes/"MyUsbDriveLabel" to go to usb drive
2 - Type "dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2"
3 - Reboot.

Bye

Hello, i solved!

i follow the installation guide in this page -> https://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html with iboot legacy version.

After installing multibeast and before rebooting, i copy the boot1h file in a usb drive through terminal with follow steps:

1 - Open terminal
3 - Type password
6 - Type "cp boot1h /volumes/"MyUsbDriveLabel" for copy the boot1h file into usb drive

Now i reboot with iboot legacy cd rom. after iboot load, insert Mac os X installa DVD and press enter.
After the installation wizard loading, unmount the partition with disk utility and open the terminal.
Into the terminal watch the installation disk with typing "diskutility list". For me is disk0s2.
Lastly, follow steps:

3 - Reboot.

Bye

Thanks for this, man

Hello, i solved!

1 - Open terminal
3 - Type password

Lastly, follow steps:

3 - Reboot.

Bye
Hey there, thanks! It solved my problem! I needed to run some PowerPC apps, that's why I needed Snow Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back