Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Terminal command be executed from a working OSX boot drive instead of USB?

I bought a second-hand Hackintosh and do not have the install USB. In the past, I just used CCC to make a backup of the boot disk and when I wanted a larger HDD, I just made a copy, installed Chimera on the disk and plugged it in - no problem. Last week, I bought a 2TB WD Black, made a CCC, installed Chimera and got the boot0: error.
I have 2 issues. I now know from the forum that the boot disk should be less than 1 TB and a non 4-K drive. Yet, does the workaround mean I could theoretically install the
2TB WD Black as boot drive?
And, can I just plug in my 2TB WD Black into another sata port (i.e. Disk 2s2) from a working Hackintosh and run the Terminal command?

Thanks in advance!

Gigabyte GA EX58 DS4Core i7 920ATI Radeon 6850

Hi all,

after successful installation of mavericks I ended up with the Boot0-Error.

I tried to fix it using Method 1 (the terminal-method), but this messed it all up. The copy-process seemed to be OK, but now there is no booting at all. Just a flashing cursor upper left. Also, I am not able to boot from the USB-UniBeast-Device anymore. I recreated the UniBeast-USB-device successfully, but I cannot boot either - UniBeast or Mavericks-HDD (SSD).

I can´t boot at all.

What did I do wrong?
Any ideas?

greets, tom

yeah! solution by accident...

I plugged the SATA-cable to another SATA-port (not the marvell-ports!) and everything is good...

Greetings,

tom

Just a question here. Is this the same error as done+gibberish text, rather than just having an "error" without gibberish text?

I'm trying this now if it will solve the gibberish issue and will update you here.

Cheers! :D

I'm having the same issue with gibberish, let me know if you solve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back