RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Catalina Build 10.5.4

I’ve taken the time to purchase and upgrade my current system whilst in locked down in the UK:banghead: : Purchasing the recommended equipment from the ™-website. I followed the instructions as per normal downloading appropriate Catalina Mac OS 10.15.4 using UniBeast 10.1.0 created a boot drive USB installer. Adjusted the BIOS ensuring the correct settings are made. Start the boot process and I am getting stuck at the following (see png file)

Hardware

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO IV
Latest Bios | Asus Radeon RX 580 ROG STRIX OC 8GB Graphics Card Core i9-9900K Corsair H60 (Water) | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (32GB) Corsair CX750 Power supply.

Unibeast 10.1.0 Clover 5107 added the ACPI patches in the clover EFI, run add SSDT-EC.aml and other patches running app to SSDTTimes app has shown in 1689 searches (attached files)

Below is the verbose out
asus-rog-maximuse-hero-390-i9900k.png

I've tried and followed all the guides & advice but just am not getting anywhere, tested the hardware in windows and Linux with no problem, tried for 4 days now to get past the boot, perhaps is being locked down for 4 weeks already. but HELP :beachball:!!!!!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    258.2 KB · Views: 59
  • patches_Clover.plist
    1.1 KB · Views: 81
  • patches_OC.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 67
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    196 bytes · Views: 104
  • SSDT-EC.dsl
    901 bytes · Views: 61
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
    102 bytes · Views: 84
  • SSDT-HPET.dsl
    527 bytes · Views: 68
  • SSDT-PLUG.dsl
    1.3 KB · Views: 72
  • SSDT-PLUG.aml
    167 bytes · Views: 76
suucess.png

After a lot of routing around here and from other sites, finally I got a fully working system. Never got the install via Unibeast 10.1.0 to work despite the guides and adding suggested patches. But, MultiBeast 12 worked perfectly. There was a lot more patching to do.

Attachments

• suucess.png
    suucess.png
    195.7 KB · Views: 68
Did you copy SSDT-EC.aml to Volume/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched on the USB stick ? That worked for me

Did you copy SSDT-EC.aml to Volume/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched on the USB stick ? That worked for me
The issue relates to a bug with the bios with the motherboard, which took me to others sites where I found out the answer.
The SSDT-EC.aml I posted was generated from for my board using the tools,

Screenshot 2020-04-18 at 15.00.55.png

Last edited:
I have a Ranger VII with Z97. In Multibeast I chose the i5/i7 SSDT option only to get the same result again, so I copied the -EC again to the folder and it worked again. Strange that this issue occurs with different chipsets

View attachment 463099

After a lot of routing around here and from other sites, finally I got a fully working system. Never got the install via Unibeast 10.1.0 to work despite the guides and adding suggested patches. But, MultiBeast 12 worked perfectly. There was a lot more patching to do.
Hy there. I have the same motherboard and the same problem. You don't got the unibeast to work, how did you do? I saw your link to the bios time an alarm settings, but in my bios this settings doesn't appears. Please explain more what did you do for this work? For me the problem seems to be related with my new Samsung 970 Evo NVMe m.2. If I disconect, pen drive boot works.

Now I got a fully working system. I haven't built a hackintosh in a long time. So I forgot that I had to mount the EFI partition, I was putting the .aml files in the EFI-BACKUP folder. For me it worked by placing 03 files in the Volume / EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / patched. What I understood was that these files are important for all motherboards with intel kabylakes processors.

Right after making the pen drive with Unibeast the UFI partition showoff. Later I also had to put these same files on the EFI partition in the NVMe where Catalina was installed.

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 48
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 44
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back