Contribute
Register

Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bios is updated , this problem is only on Sierra, on Windows 10 all fan spin how they suppose to be

I have always been under the impression that GPU fan behavior is controlled entirely by the GPU and its BIOS firmware in macOS. On Windows, it's possible that drivers can allow for custom fan settings but none of this exists for macOS.

I don't think that Clover has anything to do with the way the GPU fans behave. I am also unaware of any Clover versions that improve the way the Nvidia web drivers works.

I have always been under the impression that GPU fan behavior is controlled entirely by the GPU and its BIOS firmware in macOS. On Windows, it's possible that drivers can allow for custom fan settings but none of this exists for macOS.

I don't think that Clover has anything to do with the way the GPU fans behave. I am also unaware of any Clover versions that improve the way the Nvidia web drivers works.
pastrychef,
  • OP seems to forget or unaware that the Hardware used in the BUILD are all produced primarily for Windows and not for Mac.
  • Hackiontoshers are trying to make a race horse out of a donkey thanks to guys like RehabMan, Toleda and the other folks in this research.
    • Most of us are just the beneficiaries who should not complain but try to learn from their writings and testing them to get better at using them and report problems to them using their guidelines to receive their help.
  • All devices work using their built in firmware and modified by OS drivers in each system
  • Drivers for Windows are kexts for Mac.
  • kexts for devices Mac has not given Native support, are created painstakingly by Hackintosh enthusiasts in most situations and in the case of NVIDIA they are coming out with WebDrivers for a lot of their cards ALWAYS after Mac releases their newer versions.
  • CLOVER is only a software helping with Bootloading in a UEFI environment. It just uses kexts it gets and cannot create any or modify any unless the user can tweak them with tools they have.
  • CLOVER's main job ends when we can login to the desktop.
  • The rest of the functions are by the MacOS ........ installed in the hard disk.
  • If the Fan does not spin only in Mac, Mac, NOT CLOVER, does not know how to talk to that fan! Why should it? That FAN and that card are foreign to MAC. That particular PCIE Video Card is not in any Real Mac for it to know how it should control its Fan Spin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back