Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I would like to update Clover but if I update at boot, I got the prohibited sign. The only way to have the computer run is to replace the OsxAptioFix2Drv or OsxAptioFix3Drv with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.
Do you have any suggestion?
I'm using an MSI motherboard Z270 Pro Carbon i install High sierra last update on NVME Samsung evo
Every thing is working perfectly

I would like to update Clover but if I update at boot, I got the prohibited sign. The only way to have the computer run is to replace the OsxAptioFix2Drv or OsxAptioFix3Drv with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.
Do you have any suggestion?
I'm using an MSI motherboard Z270 Pro Carbon i install High sierra last update on NVME Samsung evo
Then why do you want to update Clover?

because i would like to have all updated and maybe the nvidia web drive will work better,
Do you have any suggestion please

because i would like to have all updated and maybe the nvidia web drive will work better,
Do you have any suggestion please
If your config.plist is configured correctly then the version of Clover that you have installed will have little or no impact on the performance of your Nvidia graphics.
This thread may help with that.

I think my GTX 1080 is working fine , i dont have any lag issue with 106 drive, i just dont know how really should work my card, i notice that on the card only one fan of 3 is running where on windows 10 all is working fine.
How can i check if the grafic card is well installed and fully working

I think my GTX 1080 is working fine , i dont have any lag issue with 106 drive, i just dont know how really should work my card, i notice that on the card only one fan of 3 is running where on windows 10 all is working fine.
How can i check if the grafic card is well installed and fully working

i dont have any lag issue with 106 drive

What is 106 drive? Is that a Video game? Not being a Gamer I am totally ignorant of any of the lingo in Gaming.

i just dont know how really should work my card
If Still images and Video Displays are normal to your view, I would consider the Graphics card as performing normally.

i notice that on the card only one fan of 3 is running ... on windows 10 all is working
  • Comparing the spinning pattern of a Graphics card's fans in the same machine in two different Operating systems is not a realist way to assess the cooling system(the Fans) when no video display problems are noted in either of the two OSes.
    • It is more a comparison of two Operating systems in how they use the same Graphics card among other things as a result of the heat output in each of the two Operating Systems.
  • Heat Sinks and Fans are means to dissipate heat. Fans blow hot air generated by the hardware inside the closed Computer case off to the outside or bringing in cooler air to inside the chassis to lower the temperature.
    • Overheating can cause electronics to freeze or die.
    • If more heat is generated because of a high intensity computer activity, especially in a less efficient Operating System, to remove the heat , the fans should spin faster or more Fans should spin.
    • When the processes are less intense, less cooling is needed.
    • If the computer sleeps , fans shut down and would start spinning when awakened to start any process.
  • In your original post in #1 had you not used the words
    I would have approached the same observation of fan spins somewhat differently.
  • But as long as both Operating Systems show no problems in Video Display, any difference in Fan Spin pattern observed, should not be a cause of concern as to how you have setup your CLOVER in macOS High Sierra.

For the 106 i mean the Nvidia web drive .
When i perform a bench for the video card not all fan a running bat only one

When i perform a bench for the video card not all fan a running bat only one
  • Please be very specific in your post. We cannot read your mind:)
  • You probably meant Nvidia Web Driver:
378.10.10.10.25.106 macOS 10.13.2 High Sierra (17C2205) 65207635

What version and Build of macOS High Sierra you have in your computer?

In Apple>About This Mac> Overview click on "Version " and you will see a "(Build number)" .
Upload that image ( see examples )

Attachments

• 1.Overview.png
    1.Overview.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.Overview.png
    2.Overview.png
    103.7 KB · Views: 57
Im not home now, however i have last High sierra update and installed web drive 378.10.10.10.25.106.
My High sierra version is macOS 10.13.3 High Sierra (17D102), and i should install 387.10.10.10.25.158 but is very slow/laggy so i installed 378.10.10.10.25.106

Im not home now, however i have last High sierra update and installed web drive 378.10.10.10.25.106.
My High sierra version is macOS 10.13.3 High Sierra (17D102), and i should install 387.10.10.10.25.158 but is very slow/laggy so i installed 378.10.10.10.25.106
If this driver is better for your Video than what NVIDIA says you have to use for your macOS High Sierra Build, you have to make a choice between Video Display and the Fan Spin.
Unless NVIDIA addresses both issues , I doubt CLOVER can do anything to control a Fan in that device.
Have you looked into any BIOS update for your MoBo that could address your Fan Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back