Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
p55m-ud2
CPU
i5
Graphics
9460p
I would like to be able to hot swap my hard drive between itself and a macbook pro(I mean mac pro).

Now ideally I would then like to keep all kexts and dsdt off the machine and installed on a boot cd or thumb drive.

Is this possible?

Last edited:
Side question can Sierra be forced to be booted of a cd drive?

Last edited:
I would like to be able to hot swap my hard drive between itself and a macbook pro(I mean mac pro).

Now ideally I would then like to keep all kexts and dsdt off the machine and installed on a boot cd or thumb drive.

Is this possible?
No.

Side question can Sierra be forced to be booted of a cd drive?
No.

bump are you sure this can't be done?

What if I have 2 laptop hard drives and boot off one for hackintosh and another for the mac pro?
I could set there home directory and settings to the same hard drive.\

Or alternatively 2 partitions or 2 options in the bootloader each loading different files?

bump are you sure this can't be done?

What if I have 2 laptop hard drives and boot off one for hackintosh and another for the mac pro?

How is this different than the Hackintosh and the Mac Pro each having their own hard drives?

Or alternatively 2 partitions or 2 options in the bootloader each loading different files?

A hard drive can only have a single EFI partition, which is where Clover (the bootloader) lives. You'd have to write your own bootloader to do what you're asking.

This used to be dooable with a boot cd and snow leopard.
I believe the boot cd had the necessary kexts.

What has changed?

How is this different than the Hackintosh and the Mac Pro each having their own hard drives?
To be far this isn't that good of an idea. I'm not sure how the system works exactly but find it suprising 2 hard drives can solve this issue which is what I thought multiple partitions were for.

What has changed?

Clover injection and macOS now has security stuff that didn't exist years ago.
Can you access each machine over your network from the other machine. You might wish to consider the practicalities of using a NAS drive and accessing your files over your home network.

Is there a script I can run to remove clover boot,dsdt and the non vanilla installed kexts maybe?

Is there a script I can run to remove clover boot,dsdt and the non vanilla installed kexts maybe?

I don't know of any script that is able to 'sniff' out all non mac stuff for deletion. I was under the impression that Clover could uninstall itself but you would be better posting a new thread for this subject in the Bootloader forum.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/bootloaders.158/
Do you know what kexts that you have installed - If so make a list, audio and ethernet may not be an issue as they will not load on a real mac. Do you remember exactly where the DSDT is installed? Itemise as much as you can and put this information in the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back