Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B85M-D3H
CPU
i5-4440
Graphics
ASUS GTX750TI-PH-2GD5 (http://www.asus.com/in/Graphics_Cards/GTX750TIPH2GD5/)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What do the boot flags -zp and -no-zp do?

Are they safe to use?

If used during the Unibeast install (assuming the kernel panics stop only by using -no-zp and no other method), what repercussions would this have on the installed OS?

Any ill effects/side effects/long-term effects due to the use of this boot flag during the installation process?

Yeah I'd like to know as well!

""-no-zp" means that zone poisoning is disabled (grep /var/log/system.log for: Zone poisoning disabled)
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]In short. Some process (code) is allocating memory, some time later it freed the allocated memory but then some (other) process writes to the freed memory. Which shouldn't happen of course."[/FONT]

Found that on this site, posted by Pike R. Alpha.

I had to use this flag to get a successful boot.

""-no-zp" means that zone poisoning is disabled (grep /var/log/system.log for: Zone poisoning disabled)
In short. Some process (code) is allocating memory, some time later it freed the allocated memory but then some (other) process writes to the freed memory. Which shouldn't happen of course."

Found that on this site, posted by Pike R. Alpha.

I had to use this flag to get a successful boot.

hi i've your same mobo, could you please post your extra folder and your org.chameleon.plist for a succesful boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back