2x AMD R9 290
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I thought I had made a mistake on the install so I reformatted and started over. But when I finally go to boot from the SSD Yosemite is installed on, I get this error appear:

0803352E-910D-4605-B1F3-91D9C1E70087016366DC-E4EE-460B-A6C9-3E60BDCAB95D.jpg

Can anyone shed any light on what might be wrong? Let me know if I need to provide any information on my spec.

Hi guys,

I thought I had made a mistake on the install so I reformatted and started over. But when I finally go to boot from the SSD Yosemite is installed on, I get this error appear:

View attachment 139992

Can anyone shed any light on what might be wrong? Let me know if I need to provide any information on my spec.

Please read the Rules :

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation.

For your boot:0 gibberish problem see this guide :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/115818-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

One quick question... I can't actually boot into my Yosemite install now. So can I run those commands in the guide from the terminal accessed via the installer USB? From the screenshots it looks as if the guide is written from the Yosemite install. The only way I can get to the desktop if via the first install and loading from the USB if that makes sense?

One quick question... I can't actually boot into my Yosemite install now. So can I run those commands in the guide from the terminal accessed via the installer USB? From the screenshots it looks as if the guide is written from the Yosemite install. The only way I can get to the desktop if via the first install and loading from the USB if that makes sense?

You can install using your integrated graphics.

At the risk of sounding stupid - what do you mean by this? Sorry if this is obvious, I'm a complete noob at this.

Your processor provides integrated graphics via a socket(s) on your motherboard.

Remove your graphics cards and connect your monitor to your onboard graphics.
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.

Oh right, so its my GPU's causing me not to be able to access Yosemite currently? Thanks, I will give it a go. I assume there are methods to get 290s working on Yosemite?

Oh right, so its my GPU's causing me not to be able to access Yosemite currently?

Yes

I assume there are methods to get 290s working on Yosemite?

Yes - Use the Search tool located at the top right of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back