Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly - BoomR thanks for this thread and your guide to getting this system setup. I’ve varied with the gaming 7 motherboard and a 1080Ti Card as I rely heavily on CUDA for work, but very happy with how things have turned out having moved from an old sky lake hack which was starting to struggle.

Like several others it took me a while to get the thunderbolt 3 cars working in OSX until I changed the PCI slots config. However after working perfectly for a week or more I turned the machine on the other morning to find only one of the Tb3 ports is now recognising ANY Device (They all work on port 1 nothing on port 2) I should add this is under both windows and OS X - and initially both worked without issue.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this do you think it’s a hardware fault with the card? It’s odd for this to happen when there has been no change to the config and it was working perfectly - but very frustrating as the absolute key must for this build was thunderbolt 3!!

Thanks again
Did you change anything before that morning? I’ve noticed similar things but always got them back booting Windows and remove allowed devices and reconnected them again. Try add a SSDT and see how it works for you. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/in-progress-ssdt-for-thunderbolt-3-hotplug.248784/

If anybody use Power Nap? Should the fans be turned on?

...I cannot plug any external hard disk drives in my front USB 3 ports. They’re not displayed in Finder or Disk Utility. When I plug an external disk drive in a USB 2 port, it’s getting displayed as an INTERNAL drive.

This time, I followed a topic from insanely mac. Didn't use Uni or MultiBeast. Used Patch for USB and now USB is working properly.
I have the same exact issues with the USB ports. It's extremely frustrating. Rear blue USB3 ports also don't recognize storage devices either, but the red USB3.1 does (sometimes).

Care to share the patch from Insanely, @DapperDuck ?

Last edited:
here

aVNCCca.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back