Contribute
Register

Blurry fonts, and restart when booting up from HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your config.plist in the SMBIOS section. If you don't have a SMBIOS definition in there, or you want to change it, you can use Clover Configurator. Open your config.plist, go to the SMBIOS screen, click the magic wand, select the machine type and revision you want, click both shake buttons a few times, and hit OK. (If you're not prompted to select a machine type you can hit the "v" on the bottom left to get that option.) Normally MacPro3,1 is considered a safe default, and in particular, it does not suffer from the problem you describe. Then save the updated config.plist.

If you instead want to keep the current SMBIOS, you should find the Board-ID in the SMBIOS data, and then follow the #4 procedure using that Board-ID: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

Good morning, having a similar struggle. On a mac 3.1 profile, my rig (skylake z170x ud5 th i7 gtx 960 gaming g1, el capitan) will boot into a fuzzy login screen without a dialogue box. If I switch profiles to 17.1, I boot into a black screen. In both cases about halfway through the status bar under the apple logo. I've tried the kext patch in #4 but by entering that, I get into a bootloop where I boot halfway through the progress bar and into a black screen after which the rig restarts automatically. Eventually the screen just goes to sleep. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back