Contribute
Register

Bluetooth only partially working BCM94352Z (DW1650)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z270I Gaming
CPU
Core i7 7700K
Graphics
Intel HD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have been struggling the past few days with getting my Broadcom BCM94352Z (DW1650) bluetooth/wifi module working fully with Sierra 10.12.6. Wifi is working perfectly but bluetooth will only pair with my Apple Wireless Magic Keyboard - not my Logitech MX Master 2S.

What works
  • Wifi: Working perfectly both 2.4GHz/5GHz including Personal Hotspot
  • Bluetooth: Pairs and is 100% working with my Apple Wireless Magic Keyboard
What doesn't work
  • Bluetooth: Logitech MX Master 2S mouse shows up in Bluetooth Preferences but will not pair
  • USB: when using the MX Master with the Logitech USB dongle the mouse tracking skips/is jerky
  • Handoff/Continuity: Does not work. Icon shows next to the dock but nothing happens when it is clicked. Edit: Continuity work only the first time after reboot - following clicks does nothing.
  • Universal Clipboard: Does not work.
Configuration
  • Clover: applied both "AirPortBrcm4360" and "IOBluetoothFamily" patches
  • Kexts: installed latest FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext to /System/Extensions/
  • Kexts: installed latest USBInjectAll.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/
Troubleshooting steps already taken
  • Verified that bluetooth firmware version is updated in System Information
  • Verified that bluetooth is detected both under Bluetooth and USB section in System Information
  • Verified that no kexts are present in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12/ and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/
  • Tried loading BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext via EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12/
I find it peculiar that my Magic Keyboard is working flawlessly but my mouse does not, so i am hoping for some tips on how to proceed with troubleshooting this pesky issue.

Thanks in advance

Bluetooth - Pairing.png Clover - Kext Patches.png System Information - Bluetooth.png System Information - USB.png System-Library-Extensions.png System-Extensions.png Continuity.png

Last edited:
Hi

I have been struggling the past few days with getting my Broadcom BCM94352Z (DW1650) bluetooth/wifi module working fully with Sierra 10.12.6. Wifi is working perfectly but bluetooth will only pair with my Apple Wireless Magic Keyboard - not my Logitech MX Master 2S.

What works
  • Wifi: Working perfectly both 2.4GHz/5GHz including Personal Hotspot
  • Bluetooth: Pairs and is 100% working with my Apple Wireless Magic Keyboard
What doesn't work
  • Bluetooth: Logitech MX Master 2S mouse shows up in Bluetooth Preferences but will not pair
  • USB: when using the MX Master with the Logitech USB dongle the mouse tracking skips/is jerky
  • Handoff/Continuity: Does not work. Icon shows next to the dock but nothing happens when it is clicked.
  • Universal Clipboard: Does not work.
Configuration
  • Clover: applied both "AirPortBrcm4360" and "IOBluetoothFamily" patches
  • Kexts: installed latest FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext to /System/Extensions/
  • Kexts: installed latest USBInjectAll.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/
Troubleshooting steps already taken
  • Verified that bluetooth firmware version is updated in System Information
  • Verified that bluetooth is detected both under Bluetooth and USB section in System Information
  • Verified that no kexts are present in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12/ and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other/
  • Tried loading BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext via EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12/
I find it peculiar that my Magic Keyboard is working flawlessly but my mouse does not, so i am hoping for some tips on how to proceed with troubleshooting this pesky issue.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 279263 View attachment 279257 View attachment 279258 View attachment 279259 View attachment 279260 View attachment 279261 View attachment 279262

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IOReg.zip
    689.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Patchmatic.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 51
Hi RehabMan.

Thanks for your time and the heads up. I've collected the files and attached to this post.

Thanks again :)

Your USB configuration is wrong. You're exceeding the 15-port limit and UsbConnector values are wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also, Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports.
See relevant topic in the FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your USB configuration is wrong. You're exceeding the 15-port limit and UsbConnector values are wrong.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also, Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports.
See relevant topic in the FAQ:

Thank you so much for your help. I went through USB configuration, disabled Port Limit patch and fixed Chrome. Unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. I case you have time once more, here's my new config files.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • Patchmatic.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IOReg.zip
    614.3 KB · Views: 64

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
  • IOReg.zip
    614.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Patchmatic.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt.zip
    989 bytes · Views: 70
Sorry again, didn't realise that F4 was at the bootloader screen.

Problems:
- CPU PM not implemented
- _OSI->XOSI patch not valid without SSDT-XOSI.aml
- no kextcache output provided

Problems:
- CPU PM not implemented
- _OSI->XOSI patch not valid without SSDT-XOSI.aml
- no kextcache output provided

Once again, thank you for your time and patience. I really appreciate it!

I managed two of the issues i think. I placed a compiled SSDT-XOSI.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched. And also provided kextcache output below.

I don't quite know how to proceed with the "CPU PM not implemented" problem. Intel Power Gadget seems to indicate it working fine, but i'm probably missing the point. If you could point me in the right direction that would be helpful.

Kextcache output:
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext XHCI-200-series-injector.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
KernelCache ID: 342CD6502C3AC697764F4091D3DA4317

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back