Contribute
Register

Bluetooth not working in macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cl0ak

Hi All,

I purchased this Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Adapter that is supposed to work on PC/Hackintosh natively (without kexts):

http://www.osxwifi.com/adapters/app...uetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh-18

I installed it in my computer running El Capitan and had both Wi-Fi and bluetooth working. Then I upgraded to macOS Sierra and now the computer does not see that I have a bluetooth card connected (says Bluetooth: not connected). The Wi-Fi still works, however.

My first thought was that the bluetooth card was not supported in Sierra without a kext (or something else). Then I started toying with the thought that the USB ports on my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H don't work on Sierra.

I tried booting onto my Windows 10 drive and did not see bluetooth available, so I'm guessing it must be hardware related. I didn't check to see if the Wi-Fi was working, but will do that next time I'm on Windows.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!

My first thought was that the bluetooth card was not supported in Sierra without a kext (or something else). Then I started toying with the thought that the USB ports on my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H don't work on Sierra.

fwiw, I have massive USB port problems with a Z77X-UD5H up to the point where mouse and/or keyboard do not work reliably until plugged into a different port. This procedure needs to be repeated after a while...

I was lucky and had it working from get go with new Sierra install. however I deleted few kexts to get USB 3 working, in the process lost my Bluetooth and wifi was still working. long story short needed to re-install USBinjectAll.kext, I used MultiBeast for Sierra (under USB select "increase max port limit"), see attached. let us know if this works for you. screen shot USBinjectAll.png

I have z170x ud5 this is how I fix it good luck hope this helps

Attachments

• Fix.mb
    4 KB · Views: 439
I was lucky and had it working from get go with new Sierra install. however I deleted few kexts to get USB 3 working, in the process lost my Bluetooth and wifi was still working. long story short needed to re-install USBinjectAll.kext, I used MultiBeast for Sierra (under USB select "increase max port limit"), see attached. let us know if this works for you.View attachment 213567

That is only temporary. You need to customise SSDT-UIAC and remove ports that you do not need. Follow. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

fwiw, I have massive USB port problems with a Z77X-UD5H up to the point where mouse and/or keyboard do not work reliably until plugged into a different port. This procedure needs to be repeated after a while...

Have you done the renames in a DSDT or Clovers ACPI, DSDT patches section to bypass port restrictor? EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02, XHCI to XHC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back