Contribute
Register

Bluetooth not detected (USB) BCM94352Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same with Fastboot - no such choice.

If your BIOS is automatically enabling "fast boot" with no visible option to disable it, you may need to find a way to set it, for example by unlocked BIOS or UEFI shell.

Maybe a BIOS update is available?

If your BIOS is automatically enabling "fast boot" with no visible option to disable it, you may need to find a way to set it, for example by unlocked BIOS or UEFI shell.

Maybe a BIOS update is available?

That's a very good point. I'll check for a BIOS update as well as a way to disable via UEFI shell.

That's a very good point. I'll check for a BIOS update as well as a way to disable via UEFI shell.

Also, some BIOS implementations disable fast boot automatically when you boot using the hotkey (eg. to reach the boot menu), so you might try booting that way too.

Also, some BIOS implementations disable fast boot automatically when you boot using the hotkey (eg. to reach the boot menu), so you might try booting that way too.

Okay - I've confirmed that this device doesn't have a fastboot option. The closest it has is "Fast Startup" but that's a windows hibernate-style bootup. *Which has been disabled*

As far as the most recent BIOS - I've checked my version and the change logs since, and there's no mention of a fast boot addition, subtraction, change, update... Nothing. The laptop shows the logo always, I can always press F2 to get into the BIOS. Everything I've read so far on this one is purely a normal boot unless you hibernate in Windows.

The second thing I've figured out about this device: You were absolutely right about the USB implementation being broken. I've been a lot more thorough this time in testing every port with USB 2 and 3, and even the docking station that is supported by it.

It's laid out like this:
HS01 - Front Right USB 2.0
HS02 - ?
HS03 - Back Right USB 2.0
HS04 - Back Left USB 2.0
HS05 - AppleUSBHostLegacyClient (Whatever that would be, maybe a card/fingerprint reader?)
HS06 - Toshiba Web Camera (Internal)
HS07 - Front Left USB 2.0
HS08 - NGFF USB Bluetooth (It's not listed as such in IOReg, I know this only from previous testing with Windows)
HS09 - Docking Station USB 2.0 Port hub
HS10 - USB 2.0 Hub (Internal, connected to CCID Smart Card reader)

SS01 - Front Right USB 3.0
SS02 - ?
SS03 - Back Right USB 3.0
SS04 - Back Left USB 3.0
SS05 - Docking Station USB 3.0 Port hub
SS06 - Front Left USB 3.0

USR1 - ?
USR2 - ?

The USR ports were both listed under XHC, I have no idea what they're for.

So you were correct that there should be corresponding ports for both USB 2 and 3 - I'll be able to make the patch more accurate this time with 255 under USB Connector. I can exclude HS02, HS05, HS09, HS10, SS02, SS05. I'm intentionally leaving out the USB docking station hub control - It adds about 12 USB connection points as well as a USB audio device... I can only assume that would could towards the 15 port limit once docked and would cause royal havoc.

Also, I'm not sure if it's safe to disable USR1 and USR2 - They also don't seem to do anything and I would guess they count towards the 15 port limit. I'll disable them and see if anything goes sideways but it'll hopefully be just fine.

Anyway, this is more of a general update. I'll rebuild the SSDT for this one and put things in there correctly and go from there.

OK. I think I have it now. I've addressed all of the problems you've mentioned above, and I believe I've done it in a satisfactory way.

The problem I had originally continues to persist - I can't seem to get the bluetooth part to activate on the brcm NGFF 94352z device.

I've attached the problem reporting files as usual, maybe there's something else in there I did incorrectly but I'm pretty sure I was able to tidy up everything RehabMan mentioned.

Again... Thanks for any/all help that could be offered. It's appreciated more than I might express here.

The USR ports were both listed under XHC, I have no idea what they're for.

As per guide, for any port that is not active, it should be omitted from the SSDT-UIAC.

I'm intentionally leaving out the USB docking station hub control - It adds about 12 USB connection points as well as a USB audio device...

A hub connected to a controller counts only as a single port (a hub is just a USB device).
The port limit is related to the ports directly on the controller.

OK. I think I have it now. I've addressed all of the problems you've mentioned above, and I believe I've done it in a satisfactory way.

The problem I had originally continues to persist - I can't seem to get the bluetooth part to activate on the brcm NGFF 94352z device.

I've attached the problem reporting files as usual, maybe there's something else in there I did incorrectly but I'm pretty sure I was able to tidy up everything RehabMan mentioned.

Again... Thanks for any/all help that could be offered. It's appreciated more than I might express here.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_28276.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
Whoops! Sorry - I had them, and thought I attached them.

I probably hit reply too fast. Anyway, they're attached now.

Your kextcache output shows AppleBacklightInjector.kext is installed incorrectly:
Note:
Code:
AppleBacklightInjector.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

It is important that you pay close attention to kextcache errors and correct them.

You did not implement USB power properties. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

You should try booting via the BIOS boot menu (not the same as BIOS setup) as that often disables "fast boot".

Your kextcache output shows AppleBacklightInjector.kext is installed incorrectly:
Note:
Code:
AppleBacklightInjector.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.

It is important that you pay close attention to kextcache errors and correct them.

You did not implement USB power properties. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

You should try booting via the BIOS boot menu (not the same as BIOS setup) as that often disables "fast boot".

Thanks RehabMan - I noticed that too honestly. In that particular guide, you mentioned installing to Library/Extensions instead of S/L/E. I've never gotten that error before with S/L/E. I'll see if I can fix it. Must it remain in L/E or can it also be in S/L/E?

As for the other issues, I'm on it. I'll see what I can do and hopefully the USB power injection is what's missing.

Thanks so much for your time - you've been answering my questions all day. It's really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back