Contribute
Register

Bluetooth not detected (USB) BCM94352Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh sweet. I was reading something else and had an idea of what to do, but this clears it up very nicely. Thanks man. I appreciate all of your help. I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home.

Okay. I'm officially stuck.

I followed that thread very closely. I re-read multiple times and very carefully.

Here's the general gist of what's happening:

I've looked at my configuration, downloaded the SSDT-UIAC-ALL and edited it to remove any and all non-relevant things. I found my configuration within (being the 9d2f) and used that. I found the device in Windows (Being on port HS08) and made the SSDT-UIAC.aml which set USBConnector=255. I removed any extra ports that weren't used which you can see within the IOReg export.

I installed the drivers anyway for bluetooth *Just in case it would show up regardless*, but no luck. I've tried a variety of kext patches but the current configuration seems to be the one predominantly used to make this work for other people.

I've followed things to-the-letter and read and re-read several guides but mostly the patching one for USB (which I suspect works in my current configuration since it actually fixed things I didn't know was broken until after I started testing)

Okay, so I feel like everything is done correctly. There is ONE thing that I've noticed that is particularly odd: When I look at HS08 in IOReg, it's showing that it's 100% asleep. When I look at kPowerStateSleep, it's 100% off. I don't know what this means other than it seems like it's not being initialized.

So here's my request - I've updated my config and exported the complete Problem Reporting Files - if someone (I'm supposing RehabMan since he seems to answer all the posts here) could take a look and see if there's anything that might be causing an issue, I'd really appreciate it.

I've learned a LOT so far, but I'm not sure where to look next.

Help please!

Attachments

• debug_2473.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 66
Okay. I'm officially stuck.

I followed that thread very closely. I re-read multiple times and very carefully.

Here's the general gist of what's happening:

I've looked at my configuration, downloaded the SSDT-UIAC-ALL and edited it to remove any and all non-relevant things. I found my configuration within (being the 9d2f) and used that. I found the device in Windows (Being on port HS08) and made the SSDT-UIAC.aml which set USBConnector=255. I removed any extra ports that weren't used which you can see within the IOReg export.

I installed the drivers anyway for bluetooth *Just in case it would show up regardless*, but no luck. I've tried a variety of kext patches but the current configuration seems to be the one predominantly used to make this work for other people.

I've followed things to-the-letter and read and re-read several guides but mostly the patching one for USB (which I suspect works in my current configuration since it actually fixed things I didn't know was broken until after I started testing)

Okay, so I feel like everything is done correctly. There is ONE thing that I've noticed that is particularly odd: When I look at HS08 in IOReg, it's showing that it's 100% asleep. When I look at kPowerStateSleep, it's 100% off. I don't know what this means other than it seems like it's not being initialized.

So here's my request - I've updated my config and exported the complete Problem Reporting Files - if someone (I'm supposing RehabMan since he seems to answer all the posts here) could take a look and see if there's anything that might be causing an issue, I'd really appreciate it.

I've learned a LOT so far, but I'm not sure where to look next.

Help please!

Lots of problems with your setup:
- ACPI not patched correctly
- CPU PM not implemented
- wrong config.plist settings for your hardware

See guide for good starter plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

See ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Lots of problems with your setup:
- ACPI not patched correctly
- CPU PM not implemented
- wrong config.plist settings for your hardware

See guide for good starter plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

See ACPI patching guide:
Thanks RehabMan.

Are you able to be any more specific please? ACPI I’m aware isn’t patched correctly because I couldn’t get the native DSDT to compile correctly without errors and I don’t know enough programming to fix it. I had someone fix the errors but have done little to no patching. I can provide the native dsdt if you want so you can see for yourself.

For the same reason above, I haven’t messed with CPU PM yet. I’m trying to get basics like Bluetooth working.

The wrong config.plist for my hardware? This is where I’m hoping you might be a little more specific. I thought I was doing pretty well, just stuck on the integrated Bluetooth problem due to USB... I have followed both of those guides carefully.

I’m happy to read and do more work to get things more correct, I’m just hoping you might be more specific about what I’ve done wrong.

Thanks

Are you able to be any more specific please? ACPI I’m aware isn’t patched correctly because I couldn’t get the native DSDT to compile correctly without errors and I don’t know enough programming to fix it.

See guide:

For the same reason above, I haven’t messed with CPU PM yet. I’m trying to get basics like Bluetooth working.

CPU PM will be working if you use a plist from my guide.
Read here:

Okay. I'm truly stuck.

I ended up reformatting and going back to Sierra, I followed the guides, used RehabMan's pre-build config.plists to do my installation, walked through setting up wifi, backlight config, basic dsdt edits, and even build the USB ssdt so I don't need port injection. It's as clean an installation as I can get.

I *know* that my Bluetooth device is on HS08. I've verified through windows via the screenshots provided earlier. For whatever reason, it just doesn't show up on that port in either Sierra or High Sierra. The guide for installing the brcm drivers basically says "If it doesn't show up in IORegExplorer, then it's a USB problem".

I've viewed, reviewed and re-reviewed that USB guide repeatedly. Hell, I had to since I formatted the thing and started from scratch again.

This is the best version I've got so far in terms of everything working. Bluetooth is the last piece of the puzzle before I can call this one 'done'.

Could someone help me please? Where might I have gone wrong? The bluetooth device is definitely on HS08. It simply refuses to show itself to the OS for whatever reason.

Please help!

Attachments

• debug_7355.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
Okay. I'm truly stuck.

I ended up reformatting and going back to Sierra, I followed the guides, used RehabMan's pre-build config.plists to do my installation, walked through setting up wifi, backlight config, basic dsdt edits, and even build the USB ssdt so I don't need port injection. It's as clean an installation as I can get.

I *know* that my Bluetooth device is on HS08. I've verified through windows via the screenshots provided earlier. For whatever reason, it just doesn't show up on that port in either Sierra or High Sierra. The guide for installing the brcm drivers basically says "If it doesn't show up in IORegExplorer, then it's a USB problem".

I've viewed, reviewed and re-reviewed that USB guide repeatedly. Hell, I had to since I formatted the thing and started from scratch again.

This is the best version I've got so far in terms of everything working. Bluetooth is the last piece of the puzzle before I can call this one 'done'.

Could someone help me please? Where might I have gone wrong? The bluetooth device is definitely on HS08. It simply refuses to show itself to the OS for whatever reason.

Please help!

Your USB configuration is wrong.
HS05 looks to be attached to an internal device, therefore should be UsbConnector=255 (not 3).
Same for HS06.
You have two SSxx ports, marked UsbConnector=3. There should therefore be exactly two HSxx ports that correspond with UsbConnector=3. But not including those already identified that should be UsbConnector=255, you have a HS10, HS04, HS03, HS01, which is a total of 4. I expect that there are the same number of HSxx ports with UsbConnector=3 as there are SSxx ports with UsbConnector=3. No more. No less.

ACPI is not patched correctly. For example, your DSDT has no accommodation for _OSI("Darwin"). Must use an "OS Check Fix" patch or _OSI->XOSI+SSDT-XOSI.aml.

And you should remove SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-3.aml. It is wrong and not needed.

Brightness control is not implemented correctly. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
(note also that the PNLF patch you added to DSDT.aml is wrong, and clearly not recommended in the guide)

MacBookPro11,2 is a poor choice. Should be MacBookPro11,1 or even MacBookPro13,1.

If AptioMemoryFix.efi works for your computer, you should use it instead of EmuVarableUefi-64.efi + OsxAptioFix*.efi.

If you can disable the serial port (see in ioreg) you should do so (check for BIOS option).

You should try without config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership (or set to false), just to see if it makes a difference.

Also, check BIOS for options related to "fast boot" or something similar, and be sure to disable it.

Patching DSDT with "IRQ Fix" may help, or you can implement the equivalent options in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.

Your USB configuration is wrong.
HS05 looks to be attached to an internal device, therefore should be UsbConnector=255 (not 3).
Same for HS06.
You have two SSxx ports, marked UsbConnector=3. There should therefore be exactly two HSxx ports that correspond with UsbConnector=3. But not including those already identified that should be UsbConnector=255, you have a HS10, HS04, HS03, HS01, which is a total of 4. I expect that there are the same number of HSxx ports with UsbConnector=3 as there are SSxx ports with UsbConnector=3. No more. No less.

ACPI is not patched correctly. For example, your DSDT has no accommodation for _OSI("Darwin"). Must use an "OS Check Fix" patch or _OSI->XOSI+SSDT-XOSI.aml.

Brightness control is not implemented correctly. See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/
(note also that the PNLF patch you added to DSDT.aml is wrong, and clearly not recommended in the guide)

MacBookPro11,2 is a poor choice. Should be MacBookPro11,1 or even MacBookPro13,1.

If AptioMemoryFix.efi works for your computer, you should use it instead of EmuVarableUefi-64.efi + OsxAptioFix*.efi.

If you can disable the serial port (see in ioreg) you should do so (check for BIOS option).

You should try without config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership (or set to false), just to see if it makes a difference.

Also, check BIOS for options related to "fast boot" or something similar, and be sure to disable it.

Patching DSDT with "IRQ Fix" may help, or you can implement the equivalent options in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.

Phew! That's a lot... And here I thought I was doing OK.

Alright. I have some work to do. I'll go back and try and fix all of this stuff, and see what I can come up with... Thanks RehabMan for going through my configuration and seeing what's still messed up in such detail. Flying blind isn't fun, at least having a direction I know where I can focus my reading and troubleshooting will help me get this closer.

Okay, I have a very minor status update, I'm still working on things though.

Patched with Windows 8 OS Check Fix. Seems to function fine and the DSDT.aml does show on line 20724:
If (Lor (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2012")))

I don't actually know how to tell if it's functioning properly or not, but I will assume at this point that it's patched correctly. I have pre-patched for Windows 2009 and 2006 as well, in case I wanted to try one over another later on.

Done.

Done. MacBookPro13,1 is what I used instead. I'm not sure what I should be criteria I should be referencing to make one choice over another. Maybe MacBookPro11,1 is still technically a better choice.

Yes, this does work better.

There's no option in the bios to disable serial ports. I have options to disable things like Wifi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Reader, SD Card reader, but nothing for serial port at all. Same with Fastboot - no such choice.

Done, I didn't notice a difference but at the time I was still running the wrong USB patch. I'll keep an eye out for differences after I remove the patch.

Mentioned above, doesn't exit.

I did this as well - seems to make no difference from what I can tell. It may have.

I'm going to ignore the backlight fix for the time being, and focus on getting the USB patching correct. Once I do have it figured out/tested further, I'll report back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back