Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 750 ti sc
First hackintosh and am quite impressed to how easy it went and how for the most part everything just works. Well, except my bluetooth. In system profiler it reads "no information found".

I have this chip installed - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGFA50U/

The wifi works great, but like I said bluetooth is totally missing. I don't even have a system preferences pane for Bluetooth.

I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6. I installed the following kexts in /Library/Extensions/ via KextBeast 2.0.1:
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

I was reading the BrcmPatchRAM readme (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/blob/master/README.md) and saw that there is a BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext. But it isn't included in the zip and I have no idea how to make the kext properly as the readme is suggesting. How do I build it?

And second, since it says not to use the kext with the kexts I already installed, I have to uninstall those. Is it just a simple delete the kext and that's it?

I'll also add that all my USB ports are working just fine. I saw on some other threads people had usb problems as well that seemed to be the underlying issue.

If I'm on the wrong path to solve this, please show me the way! Thanks for helping out

Last edited:
All fixed! I removed the "SSDT-USB-H170N-WIFI.aml" from EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. Reboot. And everything is good. Nothing else seems to have been affected by this either.

I have a 10.11.6 hackintosh intalled on an asrock fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac, and like you (before you fixed it), bluetooth is totally missing, "no information found" in the system profiler, and no bluetooth pane in system preferences.

We don't have the same motherboard so I can't fix it the same way as you. I already installed the right kexts, but still nothing.

Any idea?

I have a 10.11.6 hackintosh intalled on an asrock fatal1ty z170 gaming-itx/ac, and like you (before you fixed it), bluetooth is totally missing, "no information found" in the system profiler, and no bluetooth pane in system preferences.

We don't have the same motherboard so I can't fix it the same way as you. I already installed the right kexts, but still nothing.

Any idea?

Have you solved problem with totally missed Bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back