Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Black Screen on Mojave with AMD Saphire Nitro+ RX 590 / Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
That just means your framebuffer is not matching up with your GPU, but the DP ports are working OK.

I finally tackle the problem of opening up with mouth lagging and sometimes black screen, here's my efi folder.
There still exits some minor bug that you can't hot plug in the second screen in the IGPU hdmi port.
I didn't apply the AAPL,id-platform solution, but replace it with default fake id and ig-platform-id.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 239
  • 屏幕快照 2019-05-29 下午7.41.25.png
    屏幕快照 2019-05-29 下午7.41.25.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 429
So did you ever try DisplayPort with your Saphire rx 590 card? Do you suspect it would have worked (rather than the HDMI port which doesn't seem to work on several cards)?

I ALSO have a Saphire Pulse RX 590 and I am seeing a black screen before I can even install Mojave from the installation USB. So I'm curious if my issue is related or not but I have been using the DisplayPort (I have tried both available display ports on my GPU).

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mojave-install-black-screen-usb-mojave-install-fails-to-reach-mac-install.278641/

AMD Radeon RX580 like AMD Radeon RX 560 I use doesn't require any config.plist editing to get full QE/CI.

You can see the images from Clover Boot Manager _Options screen and AboutThisApple Overview and System Report_Graphics & Displays Screen Captures from my GA-Z370P D3 + i5 8600K (Intel GraphicsUHD 630)+MSI Radeon RX560

@cmn699 Hi. I bought the same card, MSI Radeon RX560 ITX, but when I disable iGPU in BIOS and switch to PEG got black screen issue. Did you use any patches in Graphics section?

Whatevergreen and Lilu as mentioned above
also inject ATI and radeondeInit may do the trick

I started with black screen with a RX 590 card also, to me the above help was the solution. I use display port also. But every output was black for me (like too high resolution). Now i see the Radeon Polaris 8192 MB... it is much better than the black screen :) Any help to finish the set up ? (to achive the RX 590 setting) Thanks

Attachments

• polaris-8192.jpeg
    polaris-8192.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 254
Finaly i get the solution (from Radeon polaris to Radeon RX 590) as you see in my attachments. My solution for high sierra but first i try Mojave and was the same... In the begining i used whatevergreen (1.2.0) and lilu kext and without radeon deinit i get black screen. (i can enter to the GUI and shut down the machine) The next step was to turn on radeondeinit and i get normal picture with radeon polaris graphics. I changed the whatevergreen.kext to 1.2.4 and without radeondeinit i get RX 590.

The minor disadvantages now are for me example in chrome if i turn on the "use hardware acceleration" chrome sometimes freeze for some seconds, and when chrome start it is freeze the system for some seconds... the other problem is if the machine goes to standby, i can't wake up only to turn off. (with another video card everything was fine - old 5770, mojave can't accept this card)

I download the WEG 1.2.4 file from here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-rx-590-graphics-card.265323/

All ideas are welcome :) i am not an expert and need 2 weeks to reach this state :)

Attachments

• rx590-solved.jpeg
    rx590-solved.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 246
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back