Contribute
Register

Black screen before installation screen - GA-EX58-UD3R + GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
08_customize.png
no need to edit the plist you selected the GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID=1 in multi beast already

View attachment 72972
no need to edit the plist you selected the GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID=1 in multi beast already

Hello... and Thanks!
It's working with the "NullCPUPowerManagement" ticked.

I still had a panic kernel with ticking the Patched "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement".. so tried the second choice you told me.. and it's working!! :) :)

But I have problem with my USB3... sometimes they work and sometimes they don't....

Do I have to tick the USB 3.00 option in multi beast? I didn't do it in my last configuration, which I'm using now...

Do I have to tick all the option as you did on your screenshot (joined to this message)?

thanks again...

Marc

Attachments

• 08_customize.png
    08_customize.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 138
nice, glad its up and running, i would tick the USB3 option in Multibeast

Thanks, Hope it will be helpfull for my USB 3.0...

nice, glad its up and running, i would tick the USB3 option in Multibeast

Hi .. I didn't take the time to try with USB3 ticked option....

but my Mavericks is still running...

I just have a little problem... my "Eject" button do not work... It worked nice on Lion... any idea? I tried with 2 differents keyboards... none works..

if you have a solution or an idea.... i'm ready to try!!

thx

I can get it to boot from my USB drive (it's very weird, I have to plug it in to my front port, press F12 at boot, select Hard Drive at boot menu (which expands to show all my drives, including my flash drive made with Unibeast), then I plug it into my back port and press enter).

It boots to Chimera, but after selecting USB I get the Apple logo and spinning wheel, then my screen goes black (monitor detects no video input). Monitor is plugged in via DVI.

I've tried -x, PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No. Separate and together.

Again, I have a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R and an EVGA Nvidia GTX 260. And my processor is a Core i7 920.

Thanks everyone!

Hi,

First of all sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with this particular Motherboard too. Secondly I'd wanted to post on here to let you know that I'd failed dismally to get Yosemite to install using a GTS 250 GPU. Kept rebooting. Installed a GeForce 8800 and Yosemite has installed but unfortunately there's no output devices found under 'Sound'. Tried all of the AC888 drivers without avail.

Noticed that the mouse pointer is very erratic too.

Wondering whether others on here are experiencing 'issues' with a Yosemite installation on a rig using an EX58-UD3R Mobo.

Hope someone on here can help the both of us with the problems we're experiencing.
Cannot sign into iCloud either (Sound and iCloud are working okay on a Sabertooth X58 Mobo. The Yosemite installation on the latter was reasonably straight forward compared to the install on a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R and I'd understood Hackintosh was considered more compatible with a Gigabyte Mobo as opposed to an Asus Mobo but at a guess I'd assumed incorrectly).

Kind Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back