Contribute
Register

Black screen before installation screen - GA-EX58-UD3R + GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry... I don't know where to post my message... hope I'm in the good place!

Hello, I posted this message in a new thread yesterday... some views, but no answer...

Hello evreyone! hope you're fine.... me not! I killed my 10.7.5 hackintosh.... and I didn't keep my USB KEY... ans lion is not sent anymore on the apple store...

So I decided to install Mavericks

I made my USB KEY bootable with unibeast : no problem.
I boot on this key: Grey screen with "turning time", and black screen before "the choos langage"
I tried with : -x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRooT=0, npci=0x3000, all together and one by one....
still the same problem : grey screen with apple and turning machine during few seconds... ans black screen

Does anyone can help me? Do I have to Update my Bios?
What can I do to fix this install problem?
My CPU is a I5 sandy bridge... anything to do with that?

Is my graphics card too old or too "small"?

what can I type at the boot to fix it ans use multibeast?

I read a lot of post and found some boot flag... which one can help me?

darkwake=no or darkwake=o will help me? can I type It at boot on my USB key Mavericks?
-v npci=0x3000?
-v npci=0x2000?
UsekernelCache=No PCIRootUID=1 idlehalt=0 npci=0x2000 -f -v

any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

PS: I'm french, hope my english is understood...

Thanks

I'm ready to try anything.... don't want to go back on W8... please!!

trick that seems to work for most on maverick that get the black screen is GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=1 -x give it a try and be patient as the install is slow to go to the next screen, it takes a while, the graphics card is fine my media machine has the exact card on Mavericks but had to use the GraphicsEnabler=1 and PCIRootUID=1 see link is my machine with that cardGuide: Gigabyte P61-DS3-B3

i would install the sound and network, do one at a time so that you could fix if something goes worn, but i think the problem was something Multibeast installed, glad its working, remember to write down your process so that if you need to redo it you know how to get it installed
Audio driver and Trim successfully installed with no freezing. Now, since I have my USB Wifi working, what do I get out of installing the network driver? Would that allow me to use the native Mac wifi software (you know, the wifi icon in the menubar top right) to configure networks?

Also, it's reporting one of my 2GB sticks of RAM (I have 2x2GB) as 400MHz (they are both running at 1600MHz in BIOS), the other is reporting correctly. Any ideas on how to fix that?

if you aren't using wired lan i would then leave it as is, thats all its going to do when you install network. the ram issue is a bios setting, check under maverick install on forum, there were some resolutions for it

if you aren't using wired pan i would then leave it as is, thats all its going to do when you install network. the ram issue is a bios setting, check under maverick install on forum, there were some resolutions for it
Okay, are there any other necessary tweaks I need? Seems to be completely functional.

The RAM is detected at the correct speed and timings in BIOS. I don't see any other threads on this problem I searched. Is it just a reporting issue and the RAM is actually running at the correct speed?

Okay, are there any other necessary tweaks I need? Seems to be completely functional.

The RAM is detected at the correct speed and timings in BIOS. I don't see any other threads on this problem I searched. Is it just a reporting issue and the RAM is actually running at the correct speed?
I installed the LAN drivers, had to in order to get the App Store working. But still running fine. I'd like to use the native wifi software if possible but not sure how to do that. I also think it's just reading my RAM stick incorrectly and it's just a reporting issue, I don't think an OS can change the speed of my RAM.

I installed the LAN drivers, had to in order to get the App Store working. But still running fine. I'd like to use the native wifi software if possible but not sure how to do that. I also think it's just reading my RAM stick incorrectly and it's just a reporting issue, I don't think an OS can change the speed of my RAM.

the ram is only a reporting issue but if it bugs you there is a workaround somewhere in the forums. don't know how to or if it is possible to use the native wifi software, try searching for it, I'm sure someone else has wanted to do it.

I had the same problem on my GA-EP45-UD3R / GeForce GT 430 GPU.

Please try entering IGPEnabler=No in the Boot Option. This worked for me, but be patient when you see the light grey screen as it takes a couple of minutes for the initial screen of the install to appear.

Hope this works for you too.

I had the same problem on my GA-EP45-UD3R / GeForce GT 430 GPU.

Please try entering IGPEnabler=No in the Boot Option. This worked for me, but be patient when you see the light grey screen as it takes a couple of minutes for the initial screen of the install to appear.

Hope this works for you too.

his Mavericks is already installed and working

So, I'm sorry...what exactly do I do with the following information? I'm trying to upgrade my UD3R.

You need to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -x" (without the Quotes, but Case Sensitive)

Hi
I will try it tonight... how long do I have to wait between the "USB BOOT" and the installer screen (choose language)? do you have any idea? less than 5 minutes? or more than 15 min?

I 'm asking it in order to let my boot running before shut my computer off, believing it will not work.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back