Contribute
Register

Black screen before installation screen - GA-EX58-UD3R + GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -x " (without quotes), I dn't have the time to read the last line, the black screen appeard too fast...

any idea? solution?

THx

trick that seems to work for most on maverick that get the black screen is GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=1 -x give it a try and be patient as the install is slow to go to the next screen, it takes a while, the graphics card is fine my media machine has the exact card on Mavericks but had to use the GraphicsEnabler=1 and PCIRootUID=1 see link is my machine with that cardGuide: Gigabyte P61-DS3-B3

@boschrenier
when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x
It's booting immediatly on my USB KEY...
but less than 1 minutes.... the black screen come again...

What Can I try? any Idea?

Thx

@boschrenier
when I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x

What Can I try? any Idea?

Thx

make sure your bios is correct, my bios reset at one point, so while you are figuring it out make sure every time your bios is still set up correctly, load defaults on your bios again and make sure to set IDE to ACHI and HPET to 64bit, I'm not sure what other settings your board might have, if that doesn't make the setup start try PCIRootUID=0 rather than 1, some boards take up to 5min for setup to start so its a waiting game

make sure your bios is correct, my bios reset at one point, so while you are figuring it out make sure every time your bios is still set up correctly, load defaults on your bios again and make sure to set IDE to ACHI and HPET to 64bit, I'm not sure what other settings your board might have, if that doesn't make the setup start try PCIRootUID=0 rather than 1, some boards take up to 5min for setup to start so its a waiting game

OK... I will Try... but I think that my bios is correct... my Windows 8 - 64bits version, is running on the same one...
I will verify the IDE/ACHI settings.

If I understand what you're saying... I have to wait more than 15 min to be sure the installer screen will not appear? that's it?

thx... will try and let yoyu know..

Marc

OK... I will Try... but I think that my bios is correct... my Windows 8 - 64bits version, is running on the same one...
I will verify the IDE/ACHI settings.

If I understand what you're saying... I have to wait more than 15 min to be sure the installer screen will not appear? that's it?

thx... will try and let yoyu know..

Marc

yeah make sure of the bios its a very important step, first time i loaded i restarted my installation a few times as i thought it didn't work, ended up being that the setup just took long, give it some time make a coffee and be patient to be sure it isn't just taking its time

I will try it this at 12h00... it's 10h in the morning here... I'm at work! Can't try it now... ans I will let it turn all this afternoon... to be sure...

I spent all the night trying differents line for booting...

I try to boot with "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes" (without quotes)
Boot immediatly...
A lot of lines "Read Hfs+ Files....." (beetween 5 ans 10 screen)
Then It stopped, and the last line was :
"Failed to issue COM RESET successfully after 3 attemps. Gailing..."

when I boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v -x " (without quotes),
I dn't have the time to read the last line, the black screen appeard too fast...

when I boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x"

Can this tests help you to help me? :) !!

thx

thx

yeah make sure of the bios its a very important step, first time i loaded i restarted my installation a few times as i thought it didn't work, ended up being that the setup just took long, give it some time make a coffee and be patient to be sure it isn't just taking its time

I boot this midday with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -x"..... let it run for 30/45 minutes.... black screen still there.
I retry with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x"... and then, I don't know why,(I dindn't change anything to my bios, which was ok) but I arrived to the installer screen "choose your language"... COOL !
I couldn't install it because I had to leave my computer for my work...
I will try to install it tonight...

Which one would you choose? easy install or with DSDT? I Flashed my bios last week, I have the last version for my mothercard "F11".

Any advices? any choice to make?

If I want to install 10.9 on a SSD Disk? is there anythinf specila to tick? to choose?

Thanks... Hope It will work tonight...

Marc

I managed to instal Mavericks on my computer....But I can only use it with booting on my USB Key with the line :
GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x

I run Multibeast with a DSDT on my desk

Tick some options

when I want to restart on my Mavericks new Installation.... I can't, i have a kind of panic kernel.

How can I fix this boot problem? what can I do to USB boot without typing "GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 -x"?

I take a picture of my screen after booting on my new mavericks installation (not on my USB key)

Hope you can help me...

I took screenshot too of my multibeast... But I don't know if I can put all this images in my message...

I hope you could tell me which option to tick in order to boot directly on my Mavericks installation and not from my USB Key...

Thx

Attachments

• 01_user_DSDT.png.png
    01_user_DSDT.png.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 02_driver_audio.png.png
    02_driver_audio.png.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 03_driver_disk.png.png
    03_driver_disk.png.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 04_driver_graphics.png.png
    04_driver_graphics.png.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 05_driver_misc.png.png
    05_driver_misc.png.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 06_driver_network.png
    06_driver_network.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 07_booloader.png.png
    07_booloader.png.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 08_customize.png.png
    08_customize.png.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 09_build.png.png
    09_build.png.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 130
  • multibeast-MV.pdf
    18.4 KB · Views: 129
  • DSC_0348 (2).JPG
    DSC_0348 (2).JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 107
great at least you are in Mavericks now, i am attaching 2 screenshots, you can try the one and reboot without your usb drive in and see if it boots, if it still panic's do image 2
1.png2.png

OK thanks... will try after work... and let you know!!

thanks again

Marc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back