Contribute
Register

Black screen before installation screen - GA-EX58-UD3R + GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I tried running Multibeast four seperate times. First time like I originally said, with just Chimera, GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID fix. It failed, got this:

10/30/13 07:06:35 - Starting MultiBeast 6.0-20131022
10/30/13 07:08:14 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1'
10/30/13 07:08:20 - Installing 'Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes'
10/30/13 07:08:20 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/GE-Yes-Chameleon' failed. Exiting.
10/30/13 07:55:46 - XPC connection interrupted.

Then I tried just installing Chimera. It did it successfully.

10/30/13 07:55:46 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1'
10/30/13 07:55:51 - Finished Installing.
10/30/13 07:55:51 - Releasing XPC connection.

Then I tried just GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID fix, failed:

10/30/13 07:56:03 - Starting MultiBeast 6.0-20131022
10/30/13 07:56:23 - Installing 'Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes'
10/30/13 07:56:23 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/GE-Yes-Chameleon' failed. Exiting.

Then I tried just PCIRootUID fix, failed:

10/30/13 07:57:37 - XPC connection interrupted.
10/30/13 07:57:38 - Installing 'Customize > Boot Options > PCI Root ID Fix'
10/30/13 07:57:38 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/PCIRoot-Chameleon' failed. Exiting.

Not sure where to proceed here if I can't even get the very basics installed with Multibeast.
Also getting Kernel panic now after that failed. Eek. Going to reinstall again.

Also getting Kernel panic now after that failed. Eek. Going to reinstall again.
One minor progress update. So after reinstalling, before running Multibeast, I installed the USB Wireless card drivers (EnGenius USB wifi) and it installed successfully. I restarted (still booting from USB with the boot commands) and the wifi works! In fact, I am posting this from that computer. It's not through the standard Mac wireless selection, I do it all through the EnGenius software, but works nonetheless!

Now, should I try the DSDT file for my board as the next step? I really don't want to kernel panic or get back to the point where it freezes up every 30 seconds.

One minor progress update. So after reinstalling, before running Multibeast, I installed the USB Wireless card drivers (EnGenius USB wifi) and it installed successfully. I restarted (still booting from USB with the boot commands) and the wifi works! In fact, I am posting this from that computer. It's not through the standard Mac wireless selection, I do it all through the EnGenius software, but works nonetheless!

Now, should I try the DSDT file for my board as the next step? I really don't want to kernel panic or get back to the point where it freezes up every 30 seconds.

Great we have progress, i would go for the DSDT file next and then deselect what is not grayed out by Multibeast deselect 3rd party SATA under disk drivers and un tick all non grayed out items under customize, and tick your 2 fix items, something like the image yours should show user DSDT then at the top
Screen Shot 2013-10-31 at 6.08.38 AM.png

I have solved my issue (another remains however). In can confirm what I have read in other posts that getting to the installer (at least with my system) requires the combination of "GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=1" (without quotes). That allowed the installer to complete. On reboot to the fresh install I required the same "GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=1" (without quotes) with the addition of -x. That got me to the desktop and allowed me to set up with MultiBeast. I do want to mention that my Tascam US122MKII is not functioning. From the Tascam website:

http://tascam.com/news/display/1758/

They are working on drivers for Mavericks.

I left out one important detail regarding getting audio to function (without the Tascam) in Mavericks. I use a DSDT, but the only way I could get my audio to function was to use the Non DSDT version of my codec (see pic).

Actually, ever since that driver installation froze, booting now gives me a kernel panic...not sure if it's related to the driver installation freezing. I was able to boot fine after Multibeast and did that driver installation seperate.

I get this:

b3O3IA4.jpg

Hi, that Kernel Panic is related to CPU Power management .What you can do to fix it is this ( 3 solutions )
1. Get a patched BIOS and flash it ( Check here http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/ )
2. Get a Patched AppleCPUPower management kext that works for you
3. Using the Unibeast USB stick boot using -x ( for safe mode ) and then run Multibeast to install NullCPUPowermanagement.kext

Best solution would be 1 , but its tricky to find the correct Bios.
The easyest soltion is to install NullCPU kext, however you will have some issues with sleep and shuting down the computer ( please search forum for more information )

Please search the forum , there are a ton of posts about that kernel panic.

I'm sorry... I don't know where to post my message... hope I'm in the good place!

Hello, I posted this message in a new thread yesterday... some views, but no answer...

Hello evreyone! hope you're fine.... me not! I killed my 10.7.5 hackintosh.... and I didn't keep my USB KEY... ans lion is not sent anymore on the apple store...

So I decided to install Mavericks

I made my USB KEY bootable with unibeast : no problem.
I boot on this key: Grey screen with "turning time", and black screen before "the choos langage"
I tried with : -x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRooT=0, npci=0x3000, all together and one by one....
still the same problem : grey screen with apple and turning machine during few seconds... ans black screen

Does anyone can help me? Do I have to Update my Bios?
What can I do to fix this install problem?
My CPU is a I5 sandy bridge... anything to do with that?

Is my graphics card too old or too "small"?

what can I type at the boot to fix it ans use multibeast?

I read a lot of post and found some boot flag... which one can help me?

darkwake=no or darkwake=o will help me? can I type It at boot on my USB key Mavericks?
-v npci=0x3000?
-v npci=0x2000?
UsekernelCache=No PCIRootUID=1 idlehalt=0 npci=0x2000 -f -v

any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks

PS: I'm french, hope my english is understood...

Thanks

I'm ready to try anything.... don't want to go back on W8... please!!

ok found a success of your MB with some files that could help http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/112656-success-ga-x58a-ud3r.html hope this solves your issue, and he was using the DSDT file as well.
But the GA-EX58-UD3R is a different board than the GA-X58A-UD3R :(

I will try the DSDT file for my motherboard today and report back. Do you know why, from the error log I posted, it was having trouble installing just the PCIRootUID fix, GraphicsEnabler=yes, and Chimera?

Great we have progress, i would go for the DSDT file next and then deselect what is not grayed out by Multibeast deselect 3rd party SATA under disk drivers and un tick all non grayed out items under customize, and tick your 2 fix items, something like the image yours should show user DSDT then at the top
View attachment 71930
PROGRESS! I have installed with your suggestions (DSDT file for my mono, unticked everything except for Chimera, my 2 fix items, and the Mac Pro setting. Here it is what I did:

22y7C45.png

No freezing! Now, all I think I need to get working is sound and maybe my network driver? But I am never going to hardwire this and my USB wifi is working still, I just have to connect with networks with the EnGenius software instead of the native wifi tool (would that work if my network drivers are installed?).

I am afraid to install the audio fix, I don't want to reinstall again! What do you think I should do? P.S. I posted this from the Hackintosh :).

i would install the sound and network, do one at a time so that you could fix if something goes worn, but i think the problem was something Multibeast installed, glad its working, remember to write down your process so that if you need to redo it you know how to get it installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back