Contribute
Register

Black screen before installation screen - GA-EX58-UD3R + GTX 260

Status
Not open for further replies.
wel we are making progress, you could manually remove some of the drivers and run Kext utility to repair permissions, if you want to go that route and easiest way to see what to remove would be to open multi beast and check for a specific item what files are installed and remove those. that is option 1, second option is to reload and not select dsdt free just manually select the GraphicsEnabler=1 and PCI Root ID fix and the Chameleon boot loader and then manualy one by one install drivers to see where it gets stuck. your choice on the option to follow it does get a bit frustrating reloading all the time.

@ randomnumber, glad you got it to load
Thanks for responding so quickly.

How do I manually remove the kexts if I can't get OS X to run for more than 30 seconds? Do I do it in command line somehow?

And which Multibeast settings in dsdtfree do I need the most? It seems very functional even before multibeast. At the very minimum I just need it to boot on it's own, wake from sleep, USB drives no problem, etc.

I will try reinstalling and just doing Chameleon, GraphicsEnabler=1 and PCI Root ID fix first.

try going in safe mode that should help disable most problems, instead of selecting dsdt free just manually select what you need, for instance boot loader, GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID=1, you can afterwards load the other options manually one by one to see the cause of the problem

these are the items installed by dsdt free
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 10.46.45 PM.png

try going in safe mode that should help disable most problems, instead of selecting dsdt free just manually select what you need, for instance boot loader, GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID=1, you can afterwards load the other options manually one by one to see the cause of the problem
As I said earlier, safe mode (-x) doesn't stop it from freezing.

Anyways, I have reinstalled. I tried doing Multibeast with just Chimera, GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID fix and the Multibeast install failed (very quickly) and said to check MultiBeast.log installer log for details, but I can't find the log anywhere. Where is the log?

i just checked the DSDT database and saw there is a DSDT file for your board (EX58-UDR3), have you tried that

i just checked the DSDT database and saw there is a DSDT file for your board 9EX58-UDR3), have you tried that
I have the GA-EX58-UD3R. Is that the same as the 9EX58-UD3R? Can you link me?

Where is the MultiBeast.log installer log where I can see where the error is that I am now getting just trying to install the 3 basic thing?

I have the GA-EX58-UD3R. Is that the same as the 9EX58-UD3R? Can you link me?

Where is the MultiBeast.log installer log where I can see where the error is that I am now getting just trying to install the 3 basic thing?

sorry was a typo haha, was supposed to be a (
im checking for the log file quick

should be here ~/Library/Logs/MultiBeast.log

just be careful of using the DSDT file, i checked now if you select the DSDT file in Multibeast it also selects all the drivers that the DSDT free one selects

1.check the log file see if anything helps
2. restart and set bios back to default and set settings again
3. try loading basic with Multibeast, if it fails again select DSDT free and deselect anything that isn't grayed out, the grayed out ones are basic needed files and select your graphics and PCI fixes

hope some of that info helps, I'm off to bed now 11:58pm here, good luck, ill check in again in the morning

1.check the log file see if anything helps
2. restart and set bios back to default and set settings again
3. try loading basic with Multibeast, if it fails again select DSDT free and deselect anything that isn't grayed out, the grayed out ones are basic needed files and select your graphics and PCI fixes

hope some of that info helps, I'm off to bed now 11:58pm here, good luck, ill check in again in the morning
Okay so I tried running Multibeast four seperate times. First time like I originally said, with just Chimera, GraphicsEnabler=yes and PCIRootUID fix. It failed, got this:

10/30/13 07:06:35 - Starting MultiBeast 6.0-20131022
10/30/13 07:08:14 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1'
10/30/13 07:08:20 - Installing 'Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes'
10/30/13 07:08:20 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/GE-Yes-Chameleon' failed. Exiting.
10/30/13 07:55:46 - XPC connection interrupted.

Then I tried just installing Chimera. It did it successfully.

10/30/13 07:55:46 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1'
10/30/13 07:55:51 - Finished Installing.
10/30/13 07:55:51 - Releasing XPC connection.

Then I tried just GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID fix, failed:

10/30/13 07:56:03 - Starting MultiBeast 6.0-20131022
10/30/13 07:56:23 - Installing 'Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes'
10/30/13 07:56:23 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/GE-Yes-Chameleon' failed. Exiting.

Then I tried just PCIRootUID fix, failed:

10/30/13 07:57:37 - XPC connection interrupted.
10/30/13 07:57:38 - Installing 'Customize > Boot Options > PCI Root ID Fix'
10/30/13 07:57:38 - Install of '/Applications/MultiBeast.app/Contents/Resources/PCIRoot-Chameleon' failed. Exiting.

Not sure where to proceed here if I can't even get the very basics installed with Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back