Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, here's my feedback on latest Graphics update.

Updated graphics to latest 10.12.4 version (f02). Graphics card is 750TI.

Issues: Only one issue. Adobe Illustrator just will not open. Just a constant crash. Running Adobe's diagnostics also instantly crashes.

Can't seem to pinpoint this issue to anything else other than the update. Unfortunately, since i'm running 10.12.4, i can't rollback to another driver either :/

Have issue sometimes : after set by default on Nvidia panel , Nvidia Webdriver , after shut down, when I turn on and boot , I must reset Nvidia Webdrvier by default another time.

I'm with a simliar problem.

Every time I restart I have the NVIDIA driver selected but under system info it shows the HD4600 the processors had.
I have to select OSX default graphic driver, restart, and select NVIDIA driver.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thankyou
Gus

I'm with a simliar problem.

Every time I restart I have the NVIDIA driver selected but under system info it shows the HD4600 the processors had.
I have to select OSX default graphic driver, restart, and select NVIDIA driver.

Is there any way to fix that?

Thankyou
Gus

Did you boot with iGP or PEG in bios settings ?

I boot with PEG and the default driver is OS X in Nvidia control panel : I tried to update my config.plist to boot always with Nvidia driver but I get a boot loop problem that clover made a long time to fix.

Then now I boot with Nvidia driver set but keep the OS X driver by default.

Last edited:
Did you boot with iGP or PEG in bios settings ?

I boot with PEG and the default driver is OS X in Nvidia control panel : I tried to update my config.plist to boot always with Nvidia driver but I get a boot loop problem that clover made a long time to fix.

Then now I boot with Nvidia driver set but keep the OS X driver by default.

I'm very new to this world and I lost half of your explanation.

I have my monitor attached to the GTX 750ti and selected in bios this graphic card not the IGP.
When I start the computer I can see the bios, apple logo starting since one point where my screen gets black, only the screen, there's no hang up as I connect to this computer through splashtop and all is working as expected.

Then I see on the NVIDIA drive manager that NVIDIA web driver is selected, but if I look at the computer info I see the IGP 4600. (see image attached).

Then I have to change to OSX default graphic, restart, and change to NVIDIA web driver again.

Tomorrow will try some things I found:
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/54aczj/hitting_a_black_screen_with_nvidia_drivers_on/

Gus

NVIDIA has released alternate graphics drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.4. These are separate from the drivers Apple ships as standard, and should be considered experimental. These drivers have been known to solve OpenCL issues with certain applications, as well as providing better native GPU power management for certain devices.

Hi, tonymacx86,

I am using Zotac GTX 960 GRU in my mackintosh. is there any way to operate GRU fan from Mac OS. Because all time my GRU fan is not spinning except any graphic intensive work and its temperature goes up to 70°. It is not good for my GRU because my GRU is a reference model.

So, please help me to fix that.

Thanks

I'm very new to this world and I lost half of your explanation.

I have my monitor attached to the GTX 750ti and selected in bios this graphic card not the IGP.
When I start the computer I can see the bios, apple logo starting since one point where my screen gets black, only the screen, there's no hang up as I connect to this computer through splashtop and all is working as expected.

Then I see on the NVIDIA drive manager that NVIDIA web driver is selected, but if I look at the computer info I see the IGP 4600. (see image attached).

Then I have to change to OSX default graphic, restart, and change to NVIDIA web driver again.

Tomorrow will try some things I found:
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/54aczj/hitting_a_black_screen_with_nvidia_drivers_on/

Gus
I apologize :

My explanation wasn't quite good, and I had not read that you was using Sierra.

May you also read this post :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...loading-problems.161256/page-218#post-1494754

Well, I have had some random graphic glitches, safari wigged out once... Just rebooted and all was well. I am wondering if it is a memory leak as it seems to happen after leaving my hak on for a long time (usually with safari open).
So I has GPUSensors kext installed - did not know it was not compatible with pascal yet. Was causing kernel panics. I removed it and they went away. I haven't had any weird graphic glitches since. Could they have been caused by the GPUSensors kext?

Hi i got issue with nvidia gtx 1050ti on sierra,after installing latest beta web driver for my card it's showing only 256mb vram. please help if someone knows fix for it thanks.

As a FYI:
Are the glitches in PS still present with the latest f02 ? If yes, do they only occur with Pascal series or is it a common problem with this new driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back