Radeon HD5870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone!

I currently have a problem during the process of installing El Capitan. I have successfully created the bootable USB drive and i also can get to the Clover Bootloader where i can select to boot from said USB drive. The thing is that as soon as i press Enter, the screen goes black and never recovers from that state and i never get to the OS X installer. Not even the Apple logo shows up, which is supposed to come up instantaneously.

What I have tried (none of these things have gotten me any further than the black screen):
I tried different USB drives, both USB 2.0 and 3.0. Also switched to different USB ports.
I tried different HDDs where I want to install OS X.
I tried different graphics cards (HD5870 by default and later switched to GTX760).
I tried different video output, first HDMI, then VGA.
I tried to boot in Verbose mode, yet i don't get a single line of text.
I tried different BIOS settings, these are my current settings (running latest BIOS).
  • SATA control mode AHCI
  • Virtualization technology disabled
  • HPET mode 64-bit

My hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4 rev. 2.0
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @2.66 GHz (LGA775)
GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD5870 1GB
RAM: OCZ PC2 6400 DDR2 16GB (4x4GB)

What could the problem be? I saw a thread where someone successfully installed El Capitan with this exact motherboard model. I don't even know what I could try at this point since I have tried alot of things. Any help is appreciated.

Are you using some other boot flag?

You have tried to boot in Verbose Mode (-v)...did you see anything?

Yes I wrote in my original post that i tried verbose mode, it gives me no text output at all. I haven't tried any other boot flags other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back