Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y530-Clover
CPU
i7 8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630/1920x1080
This is tiresome. I had used Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Mavericks occasionally on my laptop for applications like Keynote through a 16 GB USB. Recently I bought a hard disk for full time use after the release of Yosemite. But after the installation and on the first boot, the screen goes black after the loading Apple logo. However I was successful once using -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes but it did not work the second and third time. I have also tried using -v -x and -f several times. It would be nice to get a solution to this problem.

This is tiresome. I had used Mac OS X Mountain Lion and Mavericks occasionally on my laptop for applications like Keynote through a 16 GB USB. Recently I bought a hard disk for full time use after the release of Yosemite. But after the installation and on the first boot, the screen goes black after the loading Apple logo. However I was successful once using -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No but it did not work the second and third time. I have also tried using -v -x and -f several times. It would be nice to get a solution to this problem.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

Thanks for the reply. I was successful using PciRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes ncpi=0x3000. Leaving it here if anyone wants it.

Also I have a Westmere CPU (i5 520M). Would I be able to use the laptop DSDT patches found in your Gitbhub repo? If not where would I be able to get suitable patches?

Thanks for the reply. I was successful using PciRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes ncpi=0x3000. Leaving it here if anyone wants it.

Also I have a Westmere CPU (i5 520M). Would I be able to use the laptop DSDT patches found in your Gitbhub repo? If not where would I be able to get suitable patches?

PCIRootUID=1 effectively disables graphics injection...

Your biggest issue is dealing with 1st gen Intel HD. See guide at link previously provided.

And yes, many of the patches in my repo are applicable to your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back