Contribute
Register

BitFenix's New "Prodigy M" mATX Case Spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upside Down?

This case is exactly what I want, but I mean, the whole open from the right side might be a little off putting.
The GA - z87x G1 Sniper M5 has some pretty cool green lighting, as well the GA - GTX780's green lighting on the side, but if I use those, the words will be all upside down.
I know it's a trivial problem, but it still bugs me for something that could be fixed by a simple flip.

The Airflow will also be a little odd, as a h100i on top was an option in the original prodigy, but I dont think most CLCs could fit that far.
Maybe it'll sit up against the rear?

Making me sad Bitfenix, makin' me all sad and confused.

This may well be a case where the manufacturer listened to the customer. However I like my White (MicroATX) and Black (ATX) Prodigy project machines better then this case...

Good hacking,
neil

neil,

Hands down you have good ideas and they definitely did listened. My question is where does a power supply go? I cant wait to see final release photos of this. The case was engineered well enough to deserve a better second go around. I can't say I don't want one but ill save all my shekels for an original project.

MAS

I agree that airflow will be a little weird. i like the original because of the options you have for cooling and on this i don't think i'd be able to add as much. Especially with hard drives, where do they go?

What big advantages does a MATX Mobo give you?

Last year, BitFenix wow'd many of us with their very unique and highly modular Prodigy mini-ITX case. This year at Computex, BitFenix unveiled a slightly larger version dubbed "Prodigy M" which supports mATX motherboards. Apparently, there are some new storage mounts inside, as well as a new front location where the PSU is mounted to. Here are some preview images of what it looks like provided by TheLostSwede who was lucky enough to attend Computex this year. Note that this is not the final case design and the front panel is subject to change.

View attachment 57987View attachment 57988View attachment 57989

I have a Prodigy case and love its features and functionality, and I expect nothing less from the Prodigy M.
BitFenix is launching several other new cases as well so keep an eye out for them this year.

Do you know the release date and price?

I like my White (MicroATX) and Black (ATX) Prodigy project machines better then this case...

Agreed. I like the horizontal placement in your case, as well as the traditional PSU placement. I'd love to whip one of those up, however, with my lack of case-hacking skills, this may be the next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back