Contribute
Register

Bios setting for boot into 32bit possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4530s
CPU
i3-2350s
Graphics
HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a couple of audio apps that need to see each other. Unfortunately they need to be in 32bit. I've tried using a Mac OS X tip of holding down "3 (+) 2" keys during boot, but it's not seeing it.

Or I could buy the new app that is in 64 bit.....

Pat

OK, I'm starting to figure it out, slowly. I'm guessing I can handle this in Chameleon, but not sure enough to execute. What is the parameter list that 32bit mode belongs?

I am running Lion 7.4 on my 4350s (2530m)

Bios setting for boot into 32bit possible? ANSWERED

OK, this is not something you want to mess with, especially since it's programmable in the Finder per app, by using command"i" (information). It will open up the Information box for the app, in this case Reason, which has a check box for running in 32 bit. I have great audio using REWIRE between Digital Performer and Reason. Actually it's amazingly smooth. Who woulda thunk?

Great Stuff Tonymacx86!

To use 32bit mode you need to pass arch=i386 during chameleon bootup or to make it permament save it in org.Chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra folder under "kernel flags" key.

Using that flag may result in kernel panic is some kexts aren't patched for 32bit mode.

To use 32bit mode you need to pass arch=i386 during chameleon bootup or to make it permament save it in org.Chameleon.boot.plist in /Extra folder under "kernel flags" key.

Using that flag may result in kernel panic is some kexts aren't patched for 32bit mode.

Yeah... 32-bit is pretty much going away. I'm going to stop building 32-bit capability into my work. Most people are running Lion are 64-bit and all people running Mountain Lion are 64-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back